Database Administrator Resume Objective
A Database Administrator is responsible for maintaining all aspects of a database. These professionals can be found working in a variety of industries. If you are applying for this position, then you may be wondering what you should include in your objective statement. This statement should be straightforward and simply highlight your skills, abilities and experience in a confident way to get the attention of potential employers. Since they usually read this part first, it is important that you leave them with a good impression.
What the Database Administrator Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Database Administrators work to ensure databases are secure and that they are performing properly. They may also troubleshoot problems and work on development as well. They make sure that data is consistent in the database and that it is clearly defined. Depending on their level, Database Administrators may monitor user access, determine user needs, design databases, perform tests, ensure standards are maintained and work with other IT professionals and managers to ensure database integrity and security are kept up with. Important skills include technical, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Sample Database Administrator Resume Objectives
Include a company name in your resume objective to show employers your interest and dedication. Here are some sample objective statements:
1. Looking to secure a Database Administrator position with (company name) that will allow an individual with exceptional technical and communication skills to benefit the company.
2. Detail-oriented, hard-working individual with five years of experience working with databases searching for a Database Administrator position with (company name).
3. Seeking employment with (company name) as a Database Administrator as an individual with extensive technical skills and knowledge and 10 years of experience in the field.
4. Technical, dedicated professional with five years of experience and exceptional analytical, problem-solving and communication skills looking to secure a Database Administrator position with (company name).
5. Obtain a Database Administrator position with (company name) that will enable the use of exceptional technical, analytical and communication skills.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.