A Database Administrator is responsible for maintaining all aspects of a database. These professionals can be found working in a variety of industries. If you are applying for this position, then you may be wondering what you should include in your objective statement. This statement should be straightforward and simply highlight your skills, abilities, and experience in a confident way to get the attention of potential employers. Since they usually read this part first, it is important that you leave them with a good impression.
What the Database Administrator Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Database Administrators work to ensure databases are secure and that they are performing properly. They may also troubleshoot problems and work on development as well. They make sure that data is consistent in the database and that it is clearly defined. Depending on their level, Database Administrators may monitor user access, determine user needs, design databases, perform tests, ensure standards are maintained, and work with other IT professionals and managers to ensure database integrity and security are kept up with. Important skills include technical, communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Sample Database Administrator Resume Objectives
Include a company name in your resume objective to show employers your interest and dedication. Here are some sample objective statements:
1. Looking to secure a Database Administrator position with (company name) that will allow an individual with exceptional technical and communication skills to benefit the company.
2. Detail-oriented, hard-working individual with 5 years of experience working with databases searching for a Database Administrator position with (company name).
3. Seeking employment with (company name) as a Database Administrator as an individual with extensive technical skills and knowledge and 10 years of experience in the field.
4. Technical, dedicated professional with 5 years of experience and exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills looking to secure a Database Administrator position with (company name).
5. Obtain a Database Administrator position with (company name) that will enable the use of exceptional technical, analytical, and communication skills.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Database Administrator @ VSE AVIATION Inc
Oracle Database Administrator with over five (5+) years of aggregate IT experience working on large scale production, development and test environments running across multiple platforms. Capacity to g...
Senior Database Administrator @ PHILIPS
A SQL server Database Administrator with 8 years' experience supporting thousands of SQL server in a mission critical and highly available environment. Also experienced in RDBMS database design, perfo...
6 yrs 9 mo
Cloud Migration and Database Administrator @ Walmart Global Tech India
Multi-talented Database Administrator with 13 years of expertise in designing, testing and coding database solutions in various environments. Highly skilled in multiple technologies such as Cloud migr...
12 yrs 8 mo
SQL Database Administrator @ Deutsche Bank
Over Seven years of experience as DBA Providing technical support for the database environment from MS SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2019 with ability to analyze and troubleshoot very large and highly...
7 yrs 5 mo
SQL Database Administrator @ Centene Corporation
Detail-oriented Database Administrator with seven years of experience overseeing Physical and Virtual clustered SQL Servers and Databases. Talented at understanding and accommodating business needs. E...
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.