Motorcycle Mechanic Resume Examples
Motorcycle mechanics specialize in diagnosing different motorcycle defects to service and enhance their performance. Of the 126,224,000 households in the United States, a record 10,124,400 homes had a motorcycle in 2018, which has created stiff competition for skilled motorcycle mechanics.
Whether you are just starting out or are highly experienced, our motorcycle mechanic resume examples, written by certified writers, are designed to help you stand out from other applicants. Study them to learn how to highlight your most impressive achievements in a resume.
OUR RECOMMENDED EXAMPLECustomize This Resume
Resume Success Stories
What is a Motorcycle Mechanic?
A motorcycle mechanic is a small engine repair technician specializing in inspection, repair, and maintenance of different motorcycles, scooters, dirt bikes, and all-terrain vehicles. They possess extensive motorcycle troubleshooting knowledge, dexterity, and good customer service skills to enhance business growth and add value to the company.
Employers seek candidates with relevant post-secondary education and will provide hands-on training. Candidates may earn an apprenticeship to gain in-depth diagnostic knowledge and achieve competency. Motorcycle mechanics may also obtain certification from the Equipment & Engine Training Council to extend their knowledge and improve their payscale.
What Makes This a Great
Motorcycle Mechanic Resume Example?
A well-written resume prominently highlights your industry-relevant experience and skills.
Job seekers can use our resume example, written by a certified resume writer, to learn how to showcase the skills and experience recruiters look for in top candidates for motorcycle mechanic roles. Here are three ways using our resume examples can help in your job search:
- Professionally written content: Applicants for motorcycle mechanic roles must emphasize their technical skills and training to get noticed. Our certified resume writers have crafted a resume that contains the most sought-after skills and industry keywords to help. Study the example above to learn what belongs in each section of your resume. Or, use our Resume Builder, which offers pre-written text suggestions for every section of your motorcycle mechanic resume.
- Helps you select the resume format: It’s critical to choose the resume format that will highlight your most impressive credentials. Studying our diesel mechanic resume example can help you choose the most suitable format for your experience level. The example above uses the chronological resume format, which is perfect for an applicant with substantial work experience and a strong career trajectory. Job seekers with other levels of experience should consider a functional or combination resume format.
- Choosing the best resume template: Studying our motorcycle mechanic resume example shows you a suitable resume design for your industry.┬á The example above is a solid choice for a variety of work environments thanks to its straightforward design. For job seekers who want a more eye-catching or conservative resume, LiveCareer offers a bevy of resume templates to choose from.
3 Motorcycle Mechanic Professional Summary Examples
A sharp, professional summary will help you grab the attention of a recruiter. It must succinctly detail your experience, skills, and achievements to make an impression. Our motorcycle mechanic resume example, written by a certified resume writer, shows you how. Here are some additional summary examples that might be useful:
- Knowledgeable motorcycle mechanic with six years of experience servicing a wide range of utility vehicles. Effective communication and standard quality maintenance skills to enhance customer satisfaction and improve business growth. Dedicated to being a motivating and efficient team player.
- Professional motorcycle mechanic adept at diagnosing, troubleshooting a distinct range of minor engine repairs. Knowledgeable about preventive and corrective maintenance with in-depth proficiency in Repair management software.
- Seasoned motorcycle mechanic with comprehensive skills in building, repairing, and overhauling defective motorcycles. Thoroughly acquainted with all kinds of domestic and international motorcycle manufacturers and models. Calm and resilient under pressure with a strong work ethic and time management skills.
3 Motorcycle Mechanic Work Experience Examples
Your work experience plays a vital role in showing potential employers the concrete ways you contributed to a previous employer’s success. To accomplish this, each entry should focus on your expertise and measurable achievements. Study our motorcycle mechanic resume example to learn how to write this critical section, or use these additional examples for inspiration:
- Efficiently repaired complex mechanical faults in over 30 motorcycles in a month, tuned engine systems to improve quality and prolong life.
- Maintained fleet vehicles in excellent working condition by completing 21 point service safety inspections each week.
- Serviced racing bike functions to customers specifications; conducted diagnostic testing and test drives to adjust controls and systems.
Top Skills for Your Motorcycle Mechanic Resume
Learning to articulate your technical skills and practical knowledge can persuade recruiters to make favorable hiring decisions. Certified resume writers write our motorcycle mechanic resume examples to show you how to highlight your most impressive skills to improve your chances of selection. Here are some hard and soft skills to consider for your motorcycle mechanic resume:
- Quality control analysis
- Service diagnostics and software proficiency
- Rear-drive system troubleshooting
- Small engine repair
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive customer service experience
- Complex problem-solving
Building Your Motorcycle Mechanic Resume with Our Builder:
Select a Resume Template
Choose Pre-Written Phrases
Download, Print and Apply
Motorcycle Mechanic FAQs
- Is motorcycle mechanics a good-paying job?
- What are the important skills needed to be a motorcycle mechanic?
- Which are the different industries a motorcycle mechanic can work in?
Is motorcycle mechanics a good-paying job?
The median annual wage of a motorcycle mechanic is $38,010, with the states of Nevada and California offering the highest pay for motorcycle mechanics in the United States. Additionally, candidates who have extensive experience and certification under their belt may advance to senior-level positions and improved salaries.
What are the important skills needed to be a motorcycle mechanic?
As a motorcycle mechanic, your resume must include inspecting, repair, and problem-solving skills to appeal to a recruiter. Job applicants with high proficiency in computer diagnostic software and extensive troubleshooting knowledge should list them to get a competitive edge. Soft skills that add to your value like critical thinking, dexterity can significantly help you get shortlisted for the job.
Which are the different industries a motorcycle mechanic can work in?
Motorcycle mechanics are small engine technicians with expertise in motorcycles, dirt bikes, mopeds, and other motorized bikes. Most motorcycle mechanics are employed at vehicle dealerships, personal repair and maintenance shops, transportation equipment manufacturers, and automobile dealership industries. They generally work indoors in noisy repair areas and are busiest during the spring and summer seasons.