Use this professional created Process Engineer job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
A process engineer is involved in projects from the initial planning stage through quality control task creation. Day-to-day activities can include researching industry standards and adjusting plans accordingly. The creation of documents describing troubleshooting and maintenance is also required.
Being involved with multiple parts of a design means a process engineer needs good communication skills and the ability to provide analytics across different teams and disciplines. These lines of communications are often digital, so experience with the office suite at your place of business is important.
A process engineer job description should include how many years of experience is required, as well as any specifics about the experience. If you want knowledge of a certain discipline, like pharmaceuticals, include that also.
Process Engineer Job Description Template
Do you want to take your professional engineering career to new heights and truly make a difference in the medical and pharmaceutical industry? Join our team as a process engineer and use your expertise to oversee several diverse teams of engineers to ensure our processes are efficient and robust from planning to execution. We take on thousands of projects annually, in both local and international locations, so you will have the chance to travel and participate in a wide variety of new challenges. Our company is dedicated to developing innovative solutions for the pharmaceutical industry to help doctors and patients experience better care. If you are passionate, detail-oriented, and ready to develop unique processes and methods from the ground up, we are excited to work with you.
- Provide expert support through life-cycle design, industrialization, and commercialization of startup, testing, execution, and validation of upstream processes.
- Assist in troubleshooting and quality control operations for manufacturing as well as coordinating equipment purchases and implementing facility improvements.
- Participate in engineering teams of multiple disciplines to establish, review, and improve overall process design and manufacturing procedures as needed.
- Perform design control tasks related to user requirements, design verification and validation, functional specifications, and process validation to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Author high-quality budget estimates, funding requests, risk management documentation such as dFMEAs and pFMEAs, and other professional reports as needed.
- Oversee planning and control of multiple areas by choosing instrumentation equipment and designing robust, efficient, and compliant processes and methods for vaccines and biopharmaceuticals.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with engineering colleagues, project managers, and clients on a daily basis through email, telephone, and face-to-face meetings.
- Manage a team of senior employees and provide mentoring and project oversight for junior engineers seeking professional certification.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering plus seven years’ experience in the medical or pharmaceutical industry
- Expert computer skills including Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
- Organizational skills
- Ability to provide strong analytical skills to cross-functional engineering teams
- Master’s or Ph.D. plus 10 years’ work experience including project management
- Registered Professional Engineer