Jobs in Yucaipa, CA
- 384,966 Resumes
- 19,751 Jobs Available
- 53,096 Population
- $50,000 Average Salary
Located ten miles east of San Bernardino and 80 miles east of Los Angeles, the community of Yucaipa, California, offers access to jobs in a major metropolitan area. The city, located in the foothills of the San Bernardino Mountains, offers a low crime rate, cooler temperatures and cleaner air. According to the 2010 U.S. Census, Yucaipa has a population of about 51,367 residents. Get a preview into the economic outlook, including average salaries and job prospects, which can help find jobs in Yucaipa area.
The Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario Metropolitan Statistical Area includes two counties, Riverside and San Bernardino. Between 2014 and 2015, the unemployment rate in San Bernardino County declined from 7.5 percent to 6.2 percent, a figure higher than the average national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. According to 2015 data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the trade, transportation and utilities employment sector employs the largest number of people in the Riverside area. The government sector ranks as the second highest area of employment followed by the education and health services sector and professional and business services. The largest occupations in the Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario area are retail salespersons followed by laborers and freight, stock and material movers. The average weekly wage in the Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario area is $835 while the average weekly wage is the United States is $1,048.
When it comes to pursuing jobs in Yucaipa, your resume represents your personal brand. Make sure it gets attention and reflects your career level and aspirations with the following advice.
1. Communicate what you have to offer concisely and quickly. Offer only relevant information.
2. Use your transferable skills as your main selling point. These are skills that are used across different fields and jobs, such as communication and critical thinking.
3. Showcase your accomplishments. Some examples include saving time and money by introducing a new process or procedure or bringing in new business.
4. Make sure to use keywords effectively. These words should be ones that employers would want to look for in an applicant. Some examples include job title, business functions and responsibilities.
5. Gather information to create a focused resume. You will be better able to communicate what type of position you are seeking and state how your qualifications make you a good fit for the position and the company.
Finding jobs in Yucaipa takes a combination of good job-seeking skills and a positive attitude. These tips can help you land your next job in the current market.
1. Always network. Talk to everyone you know. Get the word out on social media websites such as LinkedIn and Facebook. Also, talk to your friends, neighbors and relatives as well as former co-workers and let them all know you are seeking a job and what your skill set is.
2. Make a plan to search for a job. Look into unemployment benefits to see if you qualify. You may need to take temporary work while you search for a permanent position.
3. Consider your options when looking for a new job. You will need to decide if you wish to stay in the same industry in the same occupation, a new industry using similar skills or a new industry, occupation, and skills.
4. Your resume needs to be polished. It informs potential employers and recruiters who you are, what qualifications you have, and how you are different. A good resume helps you stand out over other applicants.
5. Looking for job leads entails knowing where to seek them out. Aside from personal contacts and social media sites, search through online job listings and look up local businesses. The local library is also a very good resource.