Jobs in York Township, PA
- 6,881 Jobs Available
- 28,127 Population
- $51,000 Average Salary
York Township is the highest populated suburb of York. Parts of the township are rural areas that have existed since the area was settled. The suburban areas were settled after World War II. If you are looking for jobs in York Township, Pennsylvania, then you will want to check out the job market and learn about things like average wages and the unemployment rate.
The average weekly wage in the York area is $827. This is a bit lower than the national average of $1,048. The unemployment rate, though, is at 3.8%, which is much lower than the national average of 5.3%. As you search for jobs in York Township, Pennsylvania, you will want to consider the top industries. These include trade, transportation and utilities, manufacturing, education and health services, professional and business services, and government. These industries have seen some slight growth with a few seeing slight decreases. The top jobs in York Township, Pennsylvania, are retail salespersons, food preparation and serving workers, cashiers, registered nurses, and stock clerks and order fillers.
You need to have a solid resume when you begin looking for jobs in York Township, Pennsylvania. In order to get your resume polished, you will want to go over it. Here are some tips to help you get your resume ready.
1. Make sure there are no grammar errors. Spell check programs won’t catch grammar errors, so the only way to catch them is to proofread. Ask someone to read over it for you if you are worried you won’t catch all the mistakes.
2. Include contact information. It is actually rather easy to forget to include your phone number or email. This is critical information, though, if you want to find out you have gotten the job.
3. Use bullets. Bullet lists make a resume much easier to read and encourage you to keep things concise, which also helps make the resume easy to read. Bullets are great for skills lists and lists of experience and job duties.
4. Focus your resume. Make sure that your goal is clear throughout every section of your resume. Make sure that the skills and experience you list all showcase how you are the right fit for your desired job.
5. Use numbers whenever you can to explain your achievements. Numbers make a much stronger statement than just words can.
No job search is easy. That’s true when it comes to hunting for jobs in York Township, Pennsylvania. However, even if it isn’t easy, you can be successful. Here is some advice to help you along the way as you look for jobs in York Township, Pennsylvania.
1. Attend job fairs. A job fair has many employers all in one place at one time. This allows you to really network and get your name in front of important people. It is a huge time saver since you can hand out resumes, fill out applications and even sometimes interview for jobs.
2. Stay focused. In order to avoid having negative feelings creep up or to start feeling like giving up, you have to stay focused on what your goal is. You always need to be thinking about the job that will come at the end of this journey.
3. Use your network. Make sure you let people know you are job hunting. Your network can be a great place for leads on jobs in York Township, Pennsylvania.
4. Consider applying for jobs outside your current industry. You likely have transferable skills that will allow you to find a job in other industries. If you are open, you can greatly increase your potential job leads.
5. Assess your skills. You can take tests or assessments to see where your strengths lie. You can also identify weakness that you might be able to work on to strength your all around skill set.