Jobs in Yorba Linda, CA
- 355,451 Resumes
- 40,243 Jobs Available
- 67,826 Population
- $58,000 Average Salary
Yorba Linda, which means "Beautiful Yorba" in English, is a suburban city in Orange County, California. Located about 13 miles from Santa Ana and 37 miles from Los Angeles, it is known as one of the richest cities in the United States. If you're looking for jobs in Yorba Linda, you should arm yourself with knowledge regarding the area's job prospects and average salaries. Keep reading for more information.
Orange County, including Yorba Linda, has made great strides in employment opportunities in the last year. The county's unemployment rate dropped from 5.2 percent in October 2014 to 4.3 percent in October 2015, an entire percentage point below the nation's average of 5.3 percent. The area's top industries include transportation, education and health services and professional and business services, with education and health jobs seeing the biggest rise of 3.4 percent since October 2014. Government jobs and leisure and hospitality round out the top five industries in the Los Angeles area. The most popular job titles in the area include retail salespersons, general office clerks and cashiers. Workers in the Yorba Linda area earn an average weekly salary of $1,221, about $175 more than the nation's average of $1,048 per week.
For your job search to be a successful one, you must have a well-written and professional resume that showcases your best attributes. The following tips will help you create one.
1. Don't use paragraphs. With the exception of your summary at the top, try to use bullets for everything else. They are easier to skim for information, and when you consider that most hiring managers look at a resume for fewer than 10 seconds, being easy to skim is vital.
2. Do use the word "experience" instead of "employment" as a heading. This allows you to list important jobs you've done such as volunteering or interning, regardless of whether you were paid for your work.
3. Do focus on your accomplishments and be specific when describing them. Use quantifiable terms whenever possible.
4. Don't give a job description, which is what happens when you use phrases such as "duties include. " Instead, use action words, which are much stronger.
5. Don't ever lie. In many cases, the hiring manager will figure it out before you're even hired. Besides, your actual accomplishments are probably better than you realize.
Finding jobs in Yorba Linda is much easier when you have a solid plan of attack. The following tips will help you take the right steps.
1. Have a professional social media presence. Hiring managers are looking to social media for direction more often. If you present yourself as less than respectable on Facebook or Instagram, you could find yourself having difficulty getting interviews, let alone a job.
2. Get yourself in the right mindset. Searching for a job can be mentally and physically consuming, so pace yourself to avoid burning out. Commit to submitting so many resumes and attending so many events per week, but don't forget to take time for yourself, too.
3. Network with other people. Get to know people in your field, attend relevant events and job fairs and get to know others on social media. Be authentic, though. People can tell if you're simply looking for a foot in the door and aren't sincere about helping each other out.
4. Use every resource you can. Internet job boards and job fairs aren't the only source to find work. Contact your local American Job Center and visit your local library for further options. Your local government website might also have resources.
5. Polish up your skills. If it's been a while since you've received any new training in your field, see if you can take some local classes. You might even be able to find free ones online.