Jobs in Woodbury, MN
- 50,971 Resumes
- 21,266 Jobs Available
- 66,807 Population
- $51,000 Average Salary
Woodbury, Minnesota, is located in Washington County just east of Saint Paul. It is important that you find out more about the economic outlook of the area as you search for jobs in Woodbury. Find out more about the local job market, average salaries and other job seeking tips.
The job market in Woodbury is very promising. The national unemployment rate is 5.3 percent, but the unemployment rate of Woodbury is only 2.9 percent. The top performing industries in the area are trade, transportation and utilities; professional and business services; education and health services; government; and manufacturing. Of those five, professional and business services has seen the most growth over the last year at 4.9 percent. The largest occupation in Woodbury and the greater Minneapolis area is retail salesperson. The average weekly wage in Woodbury is $899, which is less than the national average of $1,048.
Your resume is one of your most important tools as you look for jobs in Woodbury. Use these tips to create a resume that will help you successfully find a job:
1. Design your resume for specific jobs. This means that you should revamp your resume for every position that you apply for because hiring managers at one company may be looking for something different than a hiring manager from another company.
2. Discuss your accomplishments throughout your experience section. Focusing on your accomplishments rather than your daily duties will help you create an intriguing experience section rather than a job description.
3. Consider the potential employer as you build your resume. Order all of your information by importance to the hiring manager, so you should try to put your more relevant information towards the top.
4. Avoid sharing anything that could be considered controversial or too personal. This includes, but is not limited to family information, religious affiliations, hobbies, political views and facts of that nature.
5. Create a readable document. You can do this by incorporating white space, designing headers that stand out, using no more than two different fonts, using bullet points and keeping all of your text flushed to the left.
Finding jobs in Woodbury, like in the rest of the country, is all about taking the right actions. Use these five tips to make your job search easier:
1. Use social media. You can use the description area as a chance to list your skills, you can share content related to your industry in order to represent your expertise and you can contact potential employers through Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms.
2. Use your network. Talk to your family, friends and acquaintances to learn about job opportunities. They may also be able to help you get in touch with hiring managers.
3. Look everywhere. While you’re looking for jobs in Woodbury, you have to be willing to look everywhere. You can’t just check out online postings. You should also go to job fairs, look at the company website, read the newspaper and send resumes to companies that interest you.
4. Be persistent. After you send a resume, you should call, email or stop in to see what the prospective employers think. After an interview send a thank you note. Being persistent shows the hiring managers that you are really interested in the position.
5. Keep a positive attitude. The job search process can take a toll, but you have to stay positive. Set daily or weekly goals, such as sending out a certain number of resumes, talking to a particular potential employer or conducting information interviews. These goals will help you feel like you’re accomplishing something even if you haven’t gotten any offers.