Jobs in Winslow Township, NJ
- 13,653 Jobs Available
- 38,895 Population
- $62,000 Average Salary
Located in Camden County, Winslow Township had a population of 39,499 at the time of the 2010 census, which indicated substantial growth since 1990 when the area only had a population of 30, 087. The township is home to a number of unincorporated communities, and there are a number of job opportunities within the immediate area and surrounding locations. Gain an understanding of the economic outlook for the region by obtaining an overview of average salaries, job prospects and other information on jobs in Winslow Township.
Camden County, which encompasses Winslow Township, has experienced substantial economic growth in recent terms. The unemployment rate in Camden County dropped from 6.8 percent in 2014 to 5.6 percent in 2015. While this is slightly higher than the national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent, the region has experienced significant progress. The trade, transportation and utilities sector offers the greatest number of job opportunities in the county followed by professional and business services, education and health services, and the government sectors. However, the mining, logging and construction sector have experienced the greatest percentage of job growth. The most common position held in the region is retail salesperson followed by cashier. The average weekly salary in the county is $946 while the national average is $1,048.
Your resume is one of the most important tools in succeeding in your search for jobs in Winslow Township. Make sure your resume is in optimal shape with these important do’s and don’ts.
1. )Do keep it concise. You want to make sure that your listed skills and experiences and clearly and concisely listed.
2. )Do not write descriptions in paragraph form. Employers want a quick glimpse of your experience and paragraphs prevent this.
3. )Use strong specific verbs. When listing your experiences avoid generic terms like duties included or responsible for. Instead use clear action words that get to the point faster.
4. )Include bullet points. You want your lists and details to stand out. Bullet points can help you do this.
5. )Do not include irrelevant personal interests. While it might be interesting, your passion for salsa dancing, fishing or knitting is not important to a potential employer.
Locating jobs in Winslow County depends on an optimal blend of necessary skills and an ideal mindset. Follow these tips to find success in your job search.
1. Stay optimistic. The job hunt can be a difficult and rigorous process, and it may be easy to let pessimism set in. However, if you stay positive and optimistic, you will be better able to stay on course and ultimately find the right position.
2. Don’t limit your options. It may be easy to stick to what you do. However, only sticking to what you have done before can greatly restrict your opportunities. Look into new and different positions that relate to your skills or consider gaining new skills.
3. Investigate using a range of tools. You also don’t want to limit your job search tools. While traditional job search websites can be a great start, you want to expand your search outside of the norm. Look at social media sites and follow industry blogs and forums. Today, jobs are often not announced in the most obvious places.
4. Network on and off line. Networking online is a super easy way to connect with people and discover opportunities, but don’t forget about good old face to face connection. Getting out and networking in person could greatly improve your chances of connecting more deeply with the right person and in turn getting your foot in the door.
5. Be proactive. Don’t sit back and what for people to contact you. Make sure that you are taking the first step and staying persistent. Follow up on leads and follow up on job applications.