Jobs in Weymouth Town, MA
- 1,949 Jobs Available
- 55,643 Population
- $69,000 Average Salary
Weymouth Town is an East Coast city close to the amazing city of Boston. This city offers easy access to all the amenities of Boston, while hosting a smaller population a little above 50,000. Even though this area is bustling with industry and history, it is easier to find the best jobs in Weymouth Town when you know the city’s job prospects, average salaries and local job market.
Weymouth Town is located in the greater Boston metropolitan area. Overall, this region has had a decrease in unemployment from 5.0% to 4.5% between 2014 and 2015. The unemployment rate is well below the national average of 5.3%. The two largest employers in the region are education and health services followed by professional and business services based on the Bureau of Labor statistics 2015 data. Subsequently, trade, transportation and utilities followed by government employ the most jobs in Weymouth Town. In 2015, professional and business services showed the highest increase of 3.7% in employment. Office and administrative support occupations are the most prevalent jobs in the area. In Weymouth Town, the average weekly wage is $1164, which is higher than the national average of $1,046.
Your resume might be the only thing that hiring managers see in order to decide if they want to interview you. Take time to make your resume shine. Regardless of your level of experience and your industry, an improved resume will increase your chances of getting the best jobs.
1. Make a resume that proves your skills even at a glance. An employer might only look at your resume for 10 seconds, so make each section count!
2. List job experiences that recognize your accomplishments, not just the daily tasks in which you were involved. This makes you stand out as successful at your job, not just adequate.
3. Customize your resume to each job to which you are applying. Hiring managers will notice when you show that your skills meet their job requirements.
4. Make your resume fresh. Your resume should not look like it came from a template. Take time to personalize your resume so that it stands out.
5. Keep your resume concise and usually under two pages.
Your job search will take determination and persistence, but it will pay off when you are working at a job that satisfies you. The following points will help you to find great jobs in Weymouth Town or any locality in the United States.
1. Distribute your resume and employment profile in multiple ways online. Use social media and job sites to share you resume and reach hundreds of employers.
2. Be confident in your experience and skills. If you do not champion yourself as the best person for the job, who will? Be the best advocate for your qualifications.
3. Even if you do not find available jobs, call the locations where you want to work and ask about available positions. You might find that they have openings that are posted yet.
4. See your job search as a marathon and not a sprint. A job search can be a long, arduous process. Recognition that your work will pay off in the long run.
5. Get in contact with your existing network. Take time to send a message or call your friends, previous co-workers and family to see if there are available jobs that suit your skills and experience.