Jobs in Weston, FL
- 755,838 Resumes
- 11,410 Jobs Available
- 69,100 Population
- $55,000 Average Salary
In 2008, Weston, Florida, was ranked as the 73rd best place to live in America by CNN Money magazine. This suburb of Miami is located in Broward County, and bordered on the west by the Everglades. Searching for jobs in Weston means that you have to be familiar with the local job market and job searching and resume writing tips.
Compared to the national job market, Weston is a great place to look for a job. Its unemployment rate is 4.7 percent compared to the national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. The five industries that have seen the most growth are professional and business services, leisure and hospitality, financial activities, construction and education and health services. The largest occupation in the entire Miami metropolitan area is a retail salesperson. The average weekly wage, $922, is slightly less than the national average, $1,048.
Resumes play an important role in successfully finding jobs in Weston and elsewhere. Use these tips to help create a resume no matter your experience level or industry of choice:
1. Keep your resume short. Try to make it a full page, but if you have to you can go to two full pages.
2. Keep your resume clean. Use the table tool, bullet points, white space, consistent fonts and headers as well as keeping your text flushed to the left to keep your resume looking professional and easy to read.
3. Keep your resume professional. Avoid sharing controversial information or anything that may be considered too personal, such as religious affiliations, political views, hobbies or marital status.
4. Keep your resume positive. No matter how you left a job, you should focus on your accomplishments not what went wrong.
5. Keep your resume on point. Focus on the skills, experience and personality traits that you have that make you right for the job.
No matter where you are trying to find a job or what industry you are looking in, it all comes down to knowing what to do. Follow these five tips to help find jobs in Weston:
1. Figure out what you want. If you’ve been in the work force for a while, but need a change, you can use this as an opportunity to get into a new industry. If you are just starting out, you have to figure out what industry would best suit you. No matter what, look at the skills that you have and what you like to do as you start looking for jobs.
2. Learn about the companies. You have to learn about the companies you are applying to as well. This will help you create a rapport during the interview, but it will also help you figure out if you would fit well within the company.
3. Go on a limb. Today’s job market isn’t always that easy. Sometimes you have to put yourself out there in order to get a job. Stop in and drop your resume off in person, send a resume without a job posting, go to job fairs and work your network.
4. Focus on social media. You might think of social media as a place where you can connect with your friends, but it is also a place where future employers can find you. Use your Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other social media sites to promote yourself as a worker.
5. Try to stay organized. Sometimes during the job search process you have a lot of irons in the fire. Use a spreadsheet or another tool to stay organized.