Jobs in Westlake, OH
- 77 Resumes
- 16,435 Jobs Available
- 32,424 Population
- $52,000 Average Salary
A well-to-do suburb in Cuyahoga County, Westlake is home to 32,729 residents, as of the 2010 census, and is located in the northern part of the state just twelves miles from downtown Cleveland. With a major medical center and a thriving retail, commerce and industry district, Westlake is a hub of activity. Many residents choose to commute to Cleveland for nearby job opportunities. If you’re interested in learning more in-depth information about the area economy, how to find jobs in Westlake, typical wages of the region and more, you’ll be eager to read below.
With its excellent location, booming population and diversity of job opportunities, Westlake has a lot to offer potential employees. The unemployment rate of Cuyahoga County is only 3.9 percent, below the national average of 5.3 percent. In the Cleveland metropolitan area, education and health services represents the top employing industry, followed by trade, transportation and utilities. Professional and business services follows closely behind, but fell 2.5 percent between 2014-2015, and government stands in fourth place. Manufacturing takes fifth place among the major employing sectors. Registered nurses are the largest occupation in the region, followed by retail salespersons and then food prep and service workers. In Cuyahoga County, the average weekly wage for all workers is $971, which is slightly less than $1,048, the national average.
It doesn’t matter what phase of your career you are in; a resume is always a major factor in whether you will get hired or not. To make yours the best that it can be, remember these useful tips for resume improvement.
1. Sharpen the focus of your resume by emphasizing your transferable skills or specific achievements that are most relevant to the job at hand. If you’re a recent college graduate, for instance, you could list special class projects within your major.
2. You must have your name, contact information, education and professional experiences on a resume. You may also include your affiliations, licenses, qualifications, strengths and certifications.
3. If you’ve never built a resume before, or if you just need your memory to be jogged, try filling out a resume worksheet that will help you assemble your experiences and achievements.
4. You may need more than one organizational format for your resume. The two most common formats are chronological, by time, and functional, by category.
5. There are only two rules of resumes that may never be broken. Don’t lie, and don’t make errors.
Finding jobs in Westlake is largely no different than job hunting in any other part of the country. A little creativity, a lot of determination and a healthy dose of positive thinking will get you a long way, as will these tips.
1. Know, appreciate and understand the fact that you and you alone are driving the vehicle of your job search. Don’t rely on anyone else to do the hard work for you, but take full responsibility for motivating yourself to get out there and get looking for jobs.
2. Don’t give up before you even start. It’s easy to be negative about an impending job search, especially if you’ve lost your job and are having a hard time making ends meet. But it’s important to begin a job search with a hopeful, enthusiastic and positive attitude in order to have success.
3. You may be eligible for unemployment benefits or other kinds of assistance, depending on what your circumstances are. Reach out to the appropriate agencies or groups to find out where you can receive this kind of help.
4. Don’t let your old habits get in the way of finding a new job. Ask yourself what it would look like to be just 10 percent more confident or ambitious, and strive towards that benchmark.
5. Use technology to kickstart your job search. There are dozens of online job forums where you can post your resume and read information about employment opportunities, as well as apply for jobs online.