Jobs in West Palm Beach, FL
- 755,838 Resumes
- 7,258 Jobs Available
- 104,031 Population
- $58,000 Average Salary
Located on the Atlantic coastline of Southwest Florida, the city of West Palm Beach is just an hours drive north of Miami and has a population of 104,031 residents. The city is a major recreational area and has a number of business and companies that cater to the customer service environment.
West Palm Beach has a current unemployment rate of 4.5%, well below the national average of 5.5% for the same time period. The most in demand jobs in the city of West Palm Beach are in the areas of retail sales, waiters and waitresses, cashiers, secretaries and administrative assistants and customer service representatives.Five of the most in demand positions with the most percentage of growth in West Palm Beach include:1. Legislators2. Advertising Managers3. Marketing Managers4. Industrial Production Managers5. Lodging Managers
When you are looking for work in West Palm Beach or anywhere else, pay attention to the small details and create a more effective job search by including some simple steps. Here are five easy tips that will help you create an effective job search.
1. Use effective networkingOne of your most effective job search tool is to use the people that you know. Always let your friends and family know that you are looking for work and what kind of work you are looking to find. You never know who they might talk to during the day looking to hire someone.
2. Develop Skills. Improving your job skills can be impressive to an employer who is interested in hiring someone for a job.
3. Plan your Job Search. Be able to measure the success of your job search each day.
4. Learn your job Do you know what the job you are applying for entails? Study the job description and be able to describe the details of the job they have available. You can impress any employer by showing you know the job.
5. Practice your InterviewHave a friend or family member interview you to help get rid of any interview nervousness.
West Palm Beach is filled with lots of recreation and sports focused business centered around the ocean and local golf courses and tennis courts. There are a number of businesses in these areas that look for good workers to hire. By creating a resume that shows the employer you have the ability to do the work they need, it can help you get the job. Learning to create a well-written resume can get you a long way. The following information can help you design a resume that can get any hiring managers attention. Even if a job is not openly advertised, companies still need employees. Here are five tips to creating a very effective resume:
1. What are your Strengths?When you highlight the things that you are best at in your resume, it can get the employers attention and might persuade them to call you in for an interview. Employers want to know what your strengths are and how hiring you can help their business. Find out what the company does and tailor your resume to fit what they need.
2. Be EffectiveCreate an organized and professional resume to give the employer a better picture of your business personality.
3. Purpose DrivenEmployers are looking for people who know how to implement a plan and carry it out. They want someone that can focus on the work they are to do and not have to worry about whether that employee is goofing off or not doing the work. They want to know they can trust you.
4. Examine your ResumeLook over your resume as if you were the employer looking to determine whether you would call this person in for an interview. Would you schedule an interview with you after looking over your own resume?
5. Proofread. Always, Always look over your resume for signs of spelling errors and mistakes. These errors can make you look bad to an employer and keep them from calling for an interview.