Jobs in West Milford Township, NJ
- 78,722 Resumes
- 14,117 Jobs Available
- 26,632 Population
- $73,000 Average Salary
West Milford Township is located in Passaic County, New Jersey. It first became a municipality in 1834. Lying very close to Greenwood Lake, the township was for a while in the 20th century associated with the resort on the lake, which includes a seaplane area with marinas and lakeside restaurants, until the 50’s when the residences became available year-round, shifting West Milford into a residential community. Use this info on the local job and wage statistics to inform your search for jobs in West Milford Township.
Passaic County falls within the Bergen statistical region as designated by the US Bureau of Labor and Statistics. Unlike the rest of the counties in the area, Passaic County has a higher unemployment rate than the rest of the nation. Despite falling from 7.3 percent to 6.1 percent in twelve months, it remains higher than 5.3 percent, the national rate. Trade, transportation, and utilities is the largest sector in the area, followed by education and health services. Based on data taken from the neighboring New York/Northern New Jersey region, retail salespersons are the most common jobs in West Milford Township, though all office clerks occupy another major group of workers. The weekly average wage in Passaic County is $971, which is lower than the national average of $1,048 per week.
Your resume is the statement you will be making to the places you apply. As such, you want to have a resume of superior quality to help you get jobs in West Milford Township. These tips will help guide you in crafting your resume.
1. All lists in your resume should be in bullet point format. A bullet point format makes it easier to read and review your resume. Each bullet list should have one or two columns, with four to eight points per column.
2. Your resume can make or break your chances at getting a job. If you lie anywhere on your resume, it will most certainly break your chances of working anywhere.
3. A Summary of Qualifications can bring your resume to an even higher level. This four to six line section can be a little paragraph at the top of your resume, and should focus on your most outstanding talents and abilities.
4. Save personal pronouns for the cover letter. Any “I,” “you,” or “we” detracts from a resume and slows the reader down. Think of statements in your resume as first-person sentences with the personal pronouns removed.
5. Don’t include information about having obtained a GED or having graduated high school unless that is your highest level of education.
As you keep looking for jobs in West Milford Township, you will want to be sure you are using the best methods in your job search. This expert advice on job searching strategies will keep you from going at it with a blind eye.
1. Have a strong network of people. Build a group of peers who can act as references and point you in the direction of new opportunities.
2. Your network can extend to an electronic domain as well. Social media website offer ways to network, such as interest groups or job searching groups.
3. Your local area should have an American Job Center where you can take workshops and learn about available job postings.
4. More jobs will be posted on online job banks. A good fit for you might be hiding in the newspaper classified ads. Some posters will leave notices at your public library.
5. Taking an entrepreneurial role and marketing yourself can yield exciting new options. You will find people looking for help for various jobs on sites like craigslist. You can also make a post advertising your services.