Jobs in West Bloomfield Charter Township, MI
- 45,981 Jobs Available
- 65,957 Population
- $58,000 Average Salary
West Bloomfield Charter Township, Michigan, is part of the Detroit metropolitan area, and is in Oakland County. If you’re looking for jobs in West Bloomfield Charter Township, then you need to learn more about the job market in the area, salary information and career advice.
Compared to the job market in the rest of the United States, the job market in Oakland County is okay and it is improving. Last year the unemployment rate in the area was 6.4 percent, but this year it is down to 5.1 percent, which is lower than the national average of 5.3 percent. The top performing industries in the greater Detroit area are mining, logging and construction; financial activities; professional and business services; education and health services; and manufacturing. Their growth has ranged from 2.5 percent to 7.6 percent over the past year. The largest occupation in the area is retail salesperson closely followed by team assemblers. The average weekly salary in Oakland County is $1,147, while the average in the nation is $1,048.
Throughout your job search, one of the most important tools you will use is your resume. Use this do and don’t tips to create a truly outstanding document:
1. Do consider including informative sections, such as contact, summary, skill highlights, accomplishments, experience, education, professional affiliations and any others that are pertinent.
2. Don’t include irrelevant information, such as religious affiliations, skills you don’t want to use, political views, hobbies, controversial experiences or family trivia.
3. Do focus on the reader by including information they would find interesting, putting that information in an order of importance from their perspective and keeping the document readable.
4. Don’t include references at the bottom of the resume nor even a line that says you can give references.
5. Do think about your accomplishments as you write your experience section rather than just your day-to-day duties.
Finding jobs in West Bloomfield Charter Township and the rest of the country can be a challenge. Follow these tips to make it easier:
1. Consider your situation. Each search is going to be different. Some people might be looking for a job because they don’t have one or because they just want a change. Your situation will tell you whether or not you should broaden your search to include other industries.
2. Look for opportunities everywhere. You can look online, in newspapers and at job fairs. More than that, you can hear about new opportunities at the grocery store, from a friend or as you check your Facebook if you take the time to really look. Looking for opportunities everywhere will likely increase the number of opportunities that you find.
3. Stay positive. It can be hard to keep a good attitude when the job search takes a long time. One way that you can keep your positive outlook is by setting daily or weekly goals for yourself. These goals can be as simple as going to a certain number of job fairs each week. The goals help keep you positive because they make your job search seem productive even if you haven’t found a job yet.
4. Promote yourself on your social media. While you’re looking for job opportunities everywhere, you should also be promoting yourself wherever you can. Social media is becoming a great tool for jobseekers because more employers turn to it to find or vet potential employees.
5. Always follow up on leads. Continuing to follow up until you get a definitive answer will show potential employers just how much you want the job.