Jobs in Wentzville, MO
- 59,098 Resumes
- 11,921 Jobs Available
- 33,912 Population
- $53,000 Average Salary
Wentzville, Missouri, sits in St. Charles County west of St. Louis. It is home to the St. Charles County Fair, St. Louis Pirate Festival and the Greater St. Louis Renaissance Faire. This type of information is interesting, but as you look for jobs in Wentzville, you really need to learn more about the economic state of the area. Find out about the job market and salary statistics while getting career advice.
The general job market of the St. Louis area is challenging, but in St. Charles County it is much more promising. The unemployment rate of the greater St. Louis area is 4.6 percent, of St. Charles County is 3.2 percent and of the United States is 5.3 percent. The top performing industries in the area include trade, transportation and utilities; education and health services; professional and business services; government; and leisure and hospitality. The industry of education and health services has grown by 3.2 percent in the past year. The largest occupations are retail salesperson and registered nurse. Jobs in Wentzville have an average weekly wage of $799, but in the United States as a whole the average weekly wage is $1,048.
Your resume is one of the most important tools you can work on for your job search. Use these tips to create an outstanding document:
1. Don’t get too hung up on the one-page resume rule. If you have a lot of experience, you can expand your resume to two.
2. Do try to design your resume in a way that makes it different from everyone else’s. The resume templates available on Microsoft Word are a great place to start, but you should try to make your own.
3. Do realize that keeping your resume truthful and error-free are two of the most important resume writing rules.
4. Don’t use justified text on your resume because it can create odd spaces between words. Instead you should keep your text flushed to the left.
5. Do include the location of your past experience, such as the city and state. This is expected and important information.
Finding jobs in Wentzville and the rest of the country can be a challenge. If you can figure out how to go about the search itself, you will have an easier time. Use these tips to help you throughout this entire process:
1. Be persistent. There was a time when all it took to find a job was to check online job boards and respond to openings. However, that is no longer enough. Now jobseekers have to be imaginative and persistent in their search. Jobseekers must persistently follow up on every job lead until hearing a definitive answer.
2. Use your social network. One way that jobseekers can make their search more imaginative is if they pump up their social media. Use Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter to get in touch with potential employers. Share articles on these platforms to create a sense of authority in the field. Many employers turn to social media to find and vet candidates, so it’s no surprise that those candidates should be giving their social media a professional makeover.
3. Take the lead. While you can use your social media and your network to learn a lot about different opportunities, you have to realize that you are in control of your own job search. Simply taking responsibility can go a long way in improving your mindset for the search.
4. Look to the future not the past. Today, finding jobs in Wentzville can take a while. It is easy to fall into a despair and ruminate on the past. However, instead of looking at what went wrong in your past experiences, you should try to think of it all positively.
5. Really look to the future. Looking to the future to keep a positive mindset is great, but you should also look for a position that has potential in your future. This means that you want to do research on the company to ensure that you’ll be able to grow with them. Find a job that will help you grow and reach your goals.