Jobs in Warwick, NY
- 755,838 Resumes
- 517 Jobs Available
- 31,293 Population
- $64,000 Average Salary
Located in Orange County, the town of Warwick, New York, is a part of the New York metropolitan area. This affluent town has a population of about 32,065 residents, according to the 2010 U.S. Census. Warwick, home of the annual Applefest and the Hudson Valley Jazz Festival, is considered part of the New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA metropolitan statistical area. Get a view of the economic outlook to help search for jobs in Warwick.
Between 2014 and 2015, the unemployment rate in the New York area declined from 5.9 percent to 4.6 percent, which is significantly lower than the average national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. According to 2015 data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the education and health services sector employs the largest number of people in the New York area. The second highest area of employment is the trade, transportation, and utilities sector, followed by professional and business services. The largest occupations in the New York area are led by retail salespersons, followed immediately by general office clerks. The average weekly wage in Orange County ranges between $700 and $899, which is less than the average weekly wage in the United States at $1,048.
When it comes to hunting jobs in Warwick, your resume must be polished and present you at your best. Read the following advice to help make it attention-getting.
1. Use bullet points to describe each position you’ve held. Stay within five to eight bullet points for each job. Use phrases and avoid using full sentences and paragraphs, which makes reading more difficult for recruiters and hiring managers.
2. Include a strong summary statement that showcases an overview of your experience, your strongest skill sets, and your personality traits. This statement should be between four to six sentences long.
3. Keep your resume concise. One-page resumes are preferred, though two-page resumes are acceptable if you have several years of work experience. Avoiding exceeding two pages for your resume.
4. You do not have to list all your work experience on your resume when applying for jobs in Warwick. Any positions that are more than 15 years old can be mentioned, but you can limit it to only your job title, employer name, and location.
5. If you have received awards or achieved outstanding success, mention these in a Highlights or Awards/Accomplishments section. Include quantifiable metrics, which will help you stand out. Three bullet points are an ideal number to list in this section.
Finding jobs in Warwick takes a combination of utilizing job-seeking advice and maintaining a positive outlook. The following tips can help you land your next position in the current job market.
1. Keep in touch with your closest, most trusted friends and family for support. Share your concerns with them about your job search. Keep up your good health, eat right, sleep well and continue participating in your favorite activities.
2. Be proactive. Besides searching on job boards and websites and posting updates on social media, interact with people both online and in person. For example, post comments and replies on forums and discussions.
3. If you need clarification on your career goals, take assessment tests to help uncover your career interests, values and skills. Do some research on your possible career options at your local library and conduct informational interviews to learn more about possible companies and jobs in Warwick.
4. Networking is critical. Contact your friends, family, neighbors, former colleagues and school classmates. Inform contacts on social media websites such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook that you are looking for a job and ask for leads.
5. Seek out resources to provide support and advice, such as your local library or a job search support group. It’s a great way to meet new people and could help open doors to new possibilities.