Jobs in Voorhees Township, NJ
- 755,838 Resumes
- 18,896 Jobs Available
- 29,023 Population
- $61,000 Average Salary
At the east end of New Jersey, in the middle of Camden County, you will find Voorhees Township. It is the home of New Jersey American Water, the largest water utility in New Jersey. It is also notably the home of a training facility for the Philadelphia Flyers. Find jobs in Voorhees Township when you check out this information on the local salaries, unemployment rates, and other job statistics in the area.
While there is no information on Camden County where Voorhees Township is found, there is information on the Trenton area which is directly to the west. In the Trenton area, unemployment rates were at the US average of 5.3 percent twelve months ago, and have since fallen to an even better level of 4.3 percent. The busiest industries in the area are government followed by education and health services. Retail salespersons are the people you’re most likely to encounter when it comes to jobs in Voorhees Township, and behind them, cashiers also make up a sizeable portion of the population. The average wage in the area is $1,521 per week, a number much higher than the US average, which is $1,048 per week.
Don’t let your resume hold you back from finding jobs in Voorhees Township. With these expert strategies, you can bring your resume to a truly professional level that will yield real results.
1. Proofread carefully for grammatical errors. It is helpful to have someone else read over your resume with you. Do not rely on autocorrect.
2. Keep yourself out of your resume. Personal pronouns do not belong anywhere on the resume.
3. Having a Qualifications Summary at the start of your resume will give people a chance to see some of your best attributes right off the bat. It’s highly recommended you start your resume with one of these.
4. Focus on accomplishments. There should be no sentences in your experience section starting with “duties included” or “responsible for. ” Employers want to know how you did the job, not just that you did it.
5. Try to develop a focus with your resume. If you are applying in one industry, try to think of the experience that best prepares you for that work. A big part of resume-writing is setting order of importance.
The following strategies are compiled from the advice of experts who know everything about what it takes to find jobs in Voorhees Township. Take careful note of them and you will be sure to succeed in your job hunt.
1. Make sure you check all different sources for job listings. Aside from newspaper classifieds, there are online sources such as job banks and social media.
2. When you come to a business you are interested in, you should look them up and find out more about them before going straight for it. One online resource is the Business Finder.
3. Keep a positive attitude and don’t give up. Being rejected from one job can be an opportunity for something else even better around the corner.
4. Make sure to build a strong network. You want to be able to find different opportunities as they arise and to have references, and neither of these things can you do alone.
5. See what you can find out about local job clubs in your area. These can be a great way to pool your resources with other people looking for employment and to find out about other events.