Jobs in Victoria, TX
- 755,838 Resumes
- 26 Jobs Available
- 66,094 Population
- $47,000 Average Salary
Victoria, Texas, sits 30 miles off the coast of the Gulf of Mexico in Victoria County. It is a two-hour drive to Corpus Christi, Austin, San Antonia and Houston, which is how it gets its nickname, “The Crossroads.” As you start looking for jobs in Victoria, you need to learn more about the job market. Use this salary info, career and resume advice and quick look at the job market to help you on your search.
The job market in Victoria is promising, as can be deduced from their low unemployment rate. The national average is 5.3 percent, but Victoria County’s unemployment rate is 4.4 percent. The five industries with the most growth over the past year were mining, logging and construction; education and health services; trade, transportation and utilities; government; and leisure and hospitality. Mining, logging and construction saw the highest increase of 10.8 percent. The largest occupation in Victoria is retail salesperson. The average weekly wage in Victoria is about $855, which is slightly less than $1,048, the average wage of the nation.
Because presenting yourself professionally is so important, it is no wonder that your resume is one of the most critical tools. Use these five tips to help you create an outstanding document:
1. Make sure your resume is readable by properly using bullet points, the table tool, white space and headers and keeping your text flushed to the left.
2. Include important information by highlighting the skills, experience and personality traits that you have that make you right for the job.
3. Showcase your accomplishments in your experience section in order to create engaging information that is more than a job description.
4. Order your resume by importance to the potential employer, so put your more relevant information towards the top.
5. Let the employer know how to contact you by including a website, the city and state you live in, a phone number and an email address.
Finding jobs in Victoria and everywhere is about looking for the right opportunities and taking the right actions. Use these tips to help in your quest.
1. Think about what you want. Many jobseekers look for a similar position to the one they left, but is that what you should do? Consider what your skills are and what you like to do as you start looking for a new job. This is the best time to switch careers if you are interested.
2. Look everywhere. Once you know what you’re looking for, you have to look everywhere. Check online job postings, postings in the paper, company websites and job fairs. Ask around by talking to people in your network, local business owners and calling or emailing potential employers.
3. Set goals for yourself. Finding new jobs in Victoria can take a while, so you should try to set smaller goals for yourself. You might have a goal to send out so many resumes by a certain date. These goals will help you feel a sense of accomplishment even if the job search takes a while.
4. Present yourself professionally. You have to present yourself professionally in every facet of your life. That means you should dress well, polish your resume and even focus on a professional look for your social media.
5. Ask questions. You don’t have to be a lone wolf during the job search. You can ask people in your network for help, take part in an informational interview to learn about a new career field and turn to job searching websites to learn more about the process.