Jobs in Upper Moreland Township, PA
- 108,526 Resumes
- 16,495 Jobs Available
- 24,274 Population
- $62,000 Average Salary
Upper Moreland Township is located in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania and is one of the suburbs of Philadelphia. Convenient to the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Upper Moreland Township attracts business and industry from a variety of fields. If you’re ready to start your pursuit for jobs in Upper Moreland Township, it’s important to learn about the employment prospects and climate in the area.
Upper Moreland Township has been thriving in the past 20 years with steady growth in jobs, growing property values and more companies settling in the area. Unemployment in Montgomery County is very low at 3.1 percent compared to the national average of 5.3 percent. In the Philadelphia area, most of the population is employed in the education and health services sector, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Another sector that employs a large number of people is the trade, transportation and utilities sector. There has been a slight jump in hiring in the other services category, gaining 4.5 percent from November of 2014 to 2015. Manufacturing jobs have decreased their hiring in Philadelphia in the same time period, losing 2.8 percent of jobs. In the Philadelphia area, the most number of workers are retail salespersons, cashiers and registered nurses. The average weekly pay in this area is $1,089, a little bit higher than the national average of $1,048.
Your resume is your ticket to that vital job interview. The only way to get your foot in the door for interviews for jobs in Upper Moreland Township, is to have an outstanding resume. Here are some top tips.
1. Make sure everything in your resume is absolutely true. Lies in resumes often lead to termination of employment.
2. Double check and read your resume over and over again to avoid any careless mistakes. A missed typo can cost you a job.
3. Make different versions of your resume to match better with specific jobs or fields.
4. Create different formats of your resume like electronic files, printed copies or a file uploaded on your website.
5. Get help with the basics by searching online for resume templates.
It’s very challenging when you find yourself in need of another job. Whether it is because of being laid off, fired or phased out of a position, it’s not easy to put yourself out there again after being let go. You can be successful and have a new, better position by following the tips below.
1. Try not to be negative during your search for jobs in Upper Moreland Township. Focus on what you can do in the future and channel your energy into putting your best foot forward.
2. Make a decision about your path. You may choose to get hired in a position that is exactly like the one you left, or you may choose a job in a new career that uses your top skills.
3. Be creative in your job search. Try to figure out unique places where job leads may come from. Reading professional journals, checking out message boards on the Internet, or attending networking events may lead to jobs in Upper Moreland Township.
4. Work on your speaking skills to help you prepare for the important interview. Make it a point to research common interview questions, and take time to rehearse stating your answers to such questions.
5. It’s not always about what you know, but who you know. Be sure to make contacts with as many people as possible connected to the company or industry you are hoping to get employment with.