Jobs in Twentynine Palms, CA
- 341,828 Resumes
- 285 Jobs Available
- 25,902 Population
- $38,000 Average Salary
Tucked into the widespread territory that is San Bernardino County, Twentynine Palms is a small city located in inland southern California. With a motto of ‘A Beautiful Desert Oasis’, Twentynine Palms sets its standards high and lives up to them, showcasing a natural beauty unlike nowhere else in the state. The city covers nearly 60 square miles of the Mojave Desert and contains 25,048 residents, as of the 2010 census. In order to find out more about jobs in Twentynine Palms, such as what the job market is like and what the area’s economic prospects are, simply keep reading.
Twentynine Palms is an oasis of employment opportunities, retail, agriculture and commerce within its desert surroundings. The unemployment rate in San Bernardino County is 5.9 percent, just slightly higher than that of the national average, 5.3 percent. The top performing industry among non-farm workers in the Riverside area, close to and comparable to Twentynine Palms, is trade, transportation and utilities, and then government. Education and health services is in third place, followed by tourism and leisure professional and business services, which grew nearly 6 percent in 2014-2015. Retail salespersons, cashiers, physical laborers and freight, materials and stock movers are the top jobs in Twentynine Palms. The average weekly wage for all those with jobs in Twentynine Palms is $811, which is lower than the national average of $1,048.
A resume is often the best – and sometimes only – shot you get at making a stellar first impression on a recruiter. Keep your resume up to date, relevant and polished, no matter how far along your career path you are, by following these tips.
1. Proofread your resume with a careful eye, making sure you have not left any information out or included any that is unnecessary. It’s even better if you have another pair, or pairs, of eyes look over your resume for errors, too.
2. Use your resume to emphasize what you achieved in terms of concrete numbers and data, such as your sales figures, client retention rates or the amount of revenue you saved in your last job.
3. Avoid including experiences on your resume that are more than 15-20 years old, as this will help prevent the possibility of age discrimination.
4. There is a specific format to follow when talking about your educational experiences: name of degree in name of major, name of school, city/state, graduation year, minor and GPA.
5. Transferrable skills and job-specific skills should always be included on your resume, unless they are talents you don’t plan on using in the future.
There are no magical keys to quickly landing ideal jobs in Twentynine Palms. However, there are a few tricks of the trade that are sure to boost your job search as you go along.
1. Dig through your business and personal contacts in various circles and aim to have conversations with as many of these individuals as possible, always being sure to mention your current job search. This is grassroots networking at its best.
2. Be persistent, because in the post-recession economy it takes drive, determination and patience to find a job. Be sure to follow up with all potential job leads.
3. Fill in your LinkedIn profile completely, being sure to upload and share your resume and examples of your work with hiring managers that may be interested in you.
4. Aim to get recommendations from current industry-relevant professionals who are respected by leaders in the field.
5. Own your job search, taking responsibility for every aspect of it, such as following up with employers after the interview and being prepared to be in it for the long haul, if necessary.