Jobs in Troy Township, IL
- 117,799 Resumes
- 1,039 Jobs Available
- 47,036 Population
- $57,000 Average Salary
Troy Township is located in Will County, relatively close to Chicago. It contains the village of Shorewood and the western edge of the city of Joliet. Just as in any location, when looking for work in the Troy Township area, you’re going to want to start by researching salaries and prospects in the local job market. Read on for a preliminary introduction to jobs in Troy Township.
Because of its proximity to Chicago, Troy Township enjoys access to a vibrant job market. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported unemployment in the area was 5.4 percent, slightly worse than the national average of 5.3 percent. The fastest-growing industry in the area is construction, improving 4.3 percent over the preceding year. The “other services” sector takes second place with 2.9 percent growth. Professional and business services and education and health services are tied for third place with 1.6 percent gains. Government closes out the top five sectors for jobs in Troy Township with 0.9 percent improvement. The mining and logging industry saw a substantial decline year-to-year, falling 6.3 percent. Retail salespersons account for the most jobs in the area, followed by laborers and freight, stock and material movers. Average weekly wages are $1,062, marginally higher than the national average of $1,048.
Creating an attention-grabbing résumé that makes a good case for your employment is key to finding jobs in Troy Township. Despite the industry, position or location, following some basic rules can help you create a more effective pitch. Here are five tips for fashioning a winning résumé.
1. Maintain a strong focus. Hiring managers have to deal with a lot of applications, so you need to make sure your résumé can spark immediate interest. Create a document that gets right to the point, describing who you are, what you can do and why you’re the best person for the position.
2. Be your loudest cheerleader. Your résumé is no place for modesty. Proclaim your accomplishments so managers can easily see why hiring you would be a smart decision.
3. Put the details decision makers are looking for first. Structure job entries so the information a manager most wants to know leads each entry. The most common desired format is – title/position, employer, employer location, employment dates.
4. Highlight transferable skills. Include abilities you’ve picked up in your career that may also be useful in prospective jobs in Troy Township, regardless of how they were gained. For instance, the ability to operate complex office equipment is transferable to several jobs.
5. Proofread your résumé for grammar and spelling mistakes. You don’t want to create the impression that you’ll do sloppy work.
Making good decisions as you build your plan of attack can really help your job search. Here are some simple tips to help you get the best results in your quest for jobs in Troy Township.
1. Completing career assessments can help you learn more about your interests and capabilities. It is helpful to enter the job market with a firm grasp of your goals and a realistic understanding of your skills.
2. Stay up to date with the latest developments in your targeted field by reading professional journals. Doing so could better focus your efforts and help you to tailor your approach.
3. Research prospective employers to gain valuable insights about their corporate cultures, their current and expected needs and their employee satisfaction levels. Doing your homework can help you identify companies that would be the best fits for you.
4. Network as hard as you can. Reaching out to people you know can help you discover opportunities and make connections you might not have been able to on your own. One of your contacts may have access to people or information that could help you land jobs in Troy Township.
5. Create daily or weekly schedules for your search efforts. Staying organized could help keep you from getting overwhelmed by the complexities of applying to several positions.