Jobs in Titusville, FL
- 156 Resumes
- 3,294 Jobs Available
- 44,557 Population
- $51,000 Average Salary
Titusville is on the central east coast of Florida, boasting wonderful weather, many recreational activities and a major connection to the Kennedy Space Center. The city’s motto is “Gateway to Nature and Space,” and Titusville has become a prominent, family-oriented tourist destination with a healthy economic outlook. If you’re interested in jobs in Titusville, the following information will help bring you up to speed on the area’s job market, prospects for employment and salaries.
The economy in general and tourism in particular have helped Titusville grow steadily. The unemployment rate, currently 5.2 percent, is declining; the rate is comparable to the U.S. overall, which is 5.3 percent. Job growth is highest in education and health services, followed by professional and business services, leisure and hospitality, trade, transportation and utilities and financial activities. The occupations employing the greatest numbers of workers are education and health services and trade, transportation and utilities. Titusville workers earn, on average, $846.80 a week, somewhat below the national weekly average pay of $1,048.
There are few job-search tools as important as your resume. Along with an application, your resume will introduce you and will help the prospective hirer decide if you merit further attention. Read these tips to make sure your resume helps you move onto the next step in the hiring process for jobs in Titusville.
1. It’s long been believed that resumes should be under one page; now that rule is a little more flexible. You may have two pages, but do this only if you really need to, such as when describing a very lengthy work history.
2. Hiring managers for jobs in Titusville are most interested in good-looking and informative resumes. Search the Internet for a format that appeals to you, with good organization and bullets to make important information stand out.
3. Focus on accomplishments rather than responsibilities. Doing so brings some positive energy to the document and makes you a more attractive candidate. This is especially true if the reader can imagine the accomplishments you might achieve at the job you’re applying for.
4. Don’t include personal information, including interests and hobbies, height, weight and age. Don’t send a picture, either. All of this is considered extraneous these days and can be construed as un-business-like.
5. It isn’t possible to proof-read too much. Don’t risk having your resume tossed aside because of a typo or a small grammatical error.
It’s true anyplace in the U. S. : looking for a job is very difficult and often goes unrewarded. It doesn’t have to be that way. If you want your search for jobs in Titusville to be a success, consider these tips.
1. Look everywhere for opportunities, including the Internet, but most especially, among all of your contacts. Network like crazy. Go after every lead, no matter how unpromising it may look at first, because you never know which one will turn into your dream job.
2. Be well organized, have a daily to-do list (and follow it) and end each day reviewing your progress. Having a structure like this will keep you energized and active. You may feel discouraged from time to time, especially if the search takes longer than you had expected, but try as much as possible to stay positive.
3. Make sure that your online presence displays exactly the person you want to be. Prospective employers with jobs in Titusville will for sure check sites like Facebook and LinkedIn to find out more about you and you want that information to portray you as someone they want to hire.
4. Be persistent. Some employers make take longer to respond and some may send ambiguous responses. Keep following up every opportunity until you hear a definite “no. ”
5. If you are called for an interview, consider it your chance to shine. Dress and act appropriately, try to keep your nervousness at bay and do your best to make a human connection with the interviewer. Be your best self.