Jobs in Tinley Park, IL
- 755,838 Resumes
- 101,279 Jobs Available
- 57,280 Population
- $71,000 Average Salary
The village of Tinley Park is located in Cook County, Illinois, and is one of the fastest growing suburbs south of Chicago. Those looking for employment in this quiet village – considered one of the best places to raise a family – will want to research salaries and prospects in the local job market to help make the most of their efforts. Keep reading for a preliminary introduction to jobs in Tinley Park.
As a suburb of one of the biggest cities in the region, Tinley Park has a bustling job market. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported unemployment has improved substantially from 6.4 percent to 5.3 percent, bringing it in line with the national average. The fastest growing industry in the area is construction, showing a 2.5 percent improvement over the preceding year. Professional and business services are follow closely with 2.2 percent gains, with education and health services right behind at 2.1 percent. Leisure and hospitality and other services round out the top five sectors for jobs in Tinley Park with 1.4 percent and 1.2 percent, respectively. The mining and logging sector saw a substantial decline year-to-year, posting a drop of 6.3 percent. Retail sales is the largest occupation in the area, followed by laborers and freight, stock and material movers. Average weekly wages are $1,201, $153 higher than the national average of $1,048.
Getting your foot in the door requires a résumé that doesn’t go straight into the bin. No matter the occupation, adhering to some basic rules can help you create a much more effective pitch. Here are five pointers for crafting a winning résumé.
1. Stay focused. Hiring managers see many résumés, so you need to make sure yours can create immediate interest. Create a lean document that gets right to the point and says who you are, what you can do and why you’re the best person for the job.
2. Be your loudest cheerleader. Your résumé is no place for modesty. Feature your achievements prominently so managers can easily see your potential value to their organizations.
3. Present the most important information up front. Organize employment data so the details a manager most wants to know lead each entry. The most common desired format is – title/position, employer, employer location, employment dates.
4. Highlight transferable skills. These are abilities you’ve picked up in your career that may also be useful in prospective jobs in Tinley Park, even if they weren’t gained in similar positions. For instance, the ability to operate complex office equipment is transferable to several jobs.
5. Proofread your résumé to make sure it’s polished and mistake-free. You don’t want to leave a bad impression.
Planning and making good decisions as you build your plan of attack can really boost your job search. Here are some simple tips to help you get the best results in your quest for jobs in Tinley Park.
1. Take assessments to home in on your interests and abilities. It’s always good to cultivate a clear idea of your goals and a realistic understanding of your skill set.
2. Read professional journals to stay on top of the latest developments and challenges in your chosen field. This could help you refine your abilities and improve your job search.
3. Research prospective employers to gain valuable insight. Look for information about their corporate cultures, their current and expected needs and their employees’ levels of satisfaction.
4. Dig deeply into your network. Depend on your circle of colleagues, friends and family to help you discover opportunities and make connections you might not have been able to on your own. You never know what – or whom – someone in your network may know that could help you land jobs in Tinley Park.
5. Create daily or weekly schedules to guide your search efforts. Staying organized is important when undertaking a complex task such as hunting for a job.