Jobs in Texarkana, TX
- 755,838 Resumes
- 1,691 Jobs Available
- 37,225 Population
- $64,000 Average Salary
Texarkana is a small city on the border between Texas and Arkansas. It has a population of just 37,000. Those living in the area and looking for jobs in Texarkana should first look into the local job market to understand average wages and different prospects. This short guide should help you get started.
The market for jobs in Texarkana is appealing, but wages are a little lower than the national average. The unemployment rate is five percent, which is just below the rest of the nation, which sits at 5.3 percent. Average weekly wages, however, are between $800 and $900, where the national average is $1,048. The largest industries in the Texarkana area are government, utilities, health care services, hospitality, and manufacturing. No fields are seeing exceptional growth, but the business services industry is decreasing in size. Finally, the most common occupations in Texarkana are in retail, including salespersons and cashiers.
Creating a strong resume is an essential part of seeking jobs in Texarkana. The standards that employers have are very high, so make sure your resume is up to par with these simple tips.
1. Focus on your accomplishments and experiences. These are the most important sections, so they should also be the longest and include the most information. Do not take too long to reach these parts of your resume.
2. Be active. Employers are most interested in the things you have done and how you have benefited previous employers. When writing your experience sections, start each bullet point with a strong action verb.
3. Try to imagine how employers will consider your resume. If it contains large, intimidating blocks of text or wasted space, they may not even bother reading it. You must also consider what your resume’s surface appearance says about you.
4. Be unique. You need to find a way to stand out from the crowd. When writing your resume, imagine it as answering the question, “What unique attributes do I bring to the table?”
5. Keep your resume’s length in mind. If it is too long, it may hurt your chances. You should usually aim to completely fill one page and not bleed onto a second. If you have an especially long work history that necessitates more room, you can use two pages, but you should be careful.
When looking for jobs in Texarkana, it is important that you take the proper steps. While the actions that you should take are the same as when looking in any other location, they will still significantly improve the success of your job search.
1. Do your research beforehand. You should figure out what the unique hiring practices, expectations, and qualifications are for the job you are pursuing. Incorporate this information into your application method.
2. Understand that the average job search is getting longer and longer. It can be easy to get discouraged if it takes longer than you anticipated to find a job, but maintaining a positive attitude makes you more appealing to employers.
3. Do not ignore other opportunities. If you think you know exactly what job you want, it can be easy to completely miss other openings. You may not be able to find your dream job, so you should not pass up on other opportunities that may benefit your career.
4. Do not give up. When they do not hear anything initially, many applicants give up. You should always follow up with a phone call and never assume you did not get the job until you receive a definitive answer.
5. Utilize your network. The people you know will greatly benefit your job search. Getting your resume to the hiring managers directly, instead of sending it off blindly, improves your chances of being hired.