Jobs in Tewksbury, MA
- 80 Resumes
- 31,892 Jobs Available
- 30,260 Population
- $72,000 Average Salary
Approximately 23 miles north of Boston is the little town of Tewksbury, Massachusetts. This Massachusetts town sits in Middlesex County, and is a part of the greater Boston area. You should learn more about the economic outlook of the area if you are interested in finding jobs in Tewksbury. You can gather some preliminary information about the job market and salary statistics here.
The relatively low unemployment rate in Middlesex County, 3.3 percent, shows that the job market in the area is quite promising. The national unemployment rate is higher at 5.3 percent. The top performing industries in the entire Boston area are mining, logging and construction; professional and business services; financial activities; education and health services; and information. These industry sectors have grown an average of 3.3 percent in the past year. The largest occupations include retail salesperson, registered nurse, cashier and general and operations manager. The average weekly wage in the United States is $1,048 and in Middlesex County it is $1,307.
A well-written and -designed resume can really help you find jobs in Tewksbury. Oftentimes your resume gives potential employers a first impression about you as a worker. Because of its importance, you want to make sure to create an outstanding document. You can use these tips toward that end:
1. Use a reverse chronological order for your employment and education to ensure your most recent and most relevant experience is at the top.
2. Try to discuss your past experience in terms of accomplishments, with metrics and using strong verbs.
3. Emphasize transferable skills throughout your resume, especially if you have little related experience.
4. Quantify whenever you can because saying you supervised 45 people is more precise than saying you supervised workers.
5. If you have to share older experience on your resume, don’t put too much emphasis on it. Typically you should only include the last 15 to 20 years.
As you try to find jobs in Tewksbury, you will likely realize that the actions required are much the same as in the rest of the country. If you can figure out how to stay organized, where to look, who to talk to and practice for the interview, you will have a much easier time:
1. Come up with an organizational strategy. Part of a successful job hunt is being organized. You have to know where you applied, when you applied, who you heard back from and the like. Many jobseekers turn to a spreadsheet to organize this type of information, but you can do whatever works for you.
2. Be open minded. The issues many jobseekers come across is that there aren’t very many openings that interest them. You have to be open minded about the type of jobs you are looking for. Sometimes it is more important to look for a job in a company that you can grow in than it is to find your dream job.
3. Integrate your social media. As you search for jobs in Tewksbury, it can be very useful to use your social media as a promotional tool. Integrating it into your job search can mean that employers will find you. If nothing else, it means that when potential employers vet you your social media page will be professional.
4. Use your network. You can find out about more job opportunities by talking with people in your network. Not only will you be able to find out about more potential positions, but you will also be able to gather important information related to potential employers, interview techniques and new industries.
5. Consider the interview. Finally, you have to think about the interview. You should practice answering common interview questions. Think about what you should wear. You should even practice actively listening to ensure that you will give the best answer possible to all interview questions.