Jobs in Temple City, CA
- 390,483 Resumes
- 57,412 Jobs Available
- 36,334 Population
- $61,000 Average Salary
Temple City, California, sits in Los Angeles County in the San Gabriel Valley. Temple City is a part of a cluster of cities that includes Rosemead, San Marino, San Gabriel, Arcadia and Monterey Park. As you search for jobs in Temple City, you have to become familiar with the economic state of the area. Gain preliminary information about the job market and factors related to the job search.
The national unemployment rate is 5.3 percent, but in Los Angeles County it is 5.9 percent. This difference shows that the job market in Temple City is tough. The top performing industries include trade, transportation and utilities; education and health services; professional and business services; government; and leisure and hospitality. Of these five industries, leisure and hospitality has grown the most over the past year at 3.9 percent. The largest occupations are retail salesperson, office clerk and cashier. The average weekly wage in Los Angeles County is slightly more than the national average. They are $1,120 and $1,048 respectively.
Writing a resume, like finding jobs in Temple City, can be a challenge. However, it is something that you have to do because your resume is a vital part of the job search. Use these tips to ensure that you have a document that will lead you to success:
1. No matter how much experience you have and no matter if it is relatable to the job in question, focus on transferrable skills to show the hiring manager all that you are capable of.
2. Organize your information in a way that will appeal to the hiring manager by putting your more recent experience towards the top.
3. Include important information about your experiences, accomplishments, education, credentials and anything else that makes you right for the job.
4. Avoid sharing redundant information, which means that you should not include your high school education unless you are in high school or you have no college experience.
5. Make your own format design to ensure that your resume stands out from the resumes that use the same template design.
Finding jobs in Temple City is all about taking the right steps. Your job search, no matter where it is in the country, can be made easier if you take the right actions. Use these tips to help you through the difficult process:
1. Think about your skills. Before you can figure out what positions to apply for or what information to put on your resume, you have to think about your skills. Think about the skills you have gained, the ones you want to keep using and the ones you would rather not have to use anymore.
2. Get organized. Once you know what you’re looking for, it is time to get ready. Come up with some sort of organization method to make your job search easier. You can put your information in a spreadsheet or in a daily planner to keep track of where you have applied and what companies you have heard back from.
3. Use different modes of communication. As you look for jobs in Temple City, it is easy to get in a rut. Using different modes of communication, such as email, in-person, phone calls or mail, can help you feel accomplished and make distinctions to avoid the rut.
4. Get informed. Information is the key to a successful job hunt. You need information about yourself, different companies, other positions, new industries, networking, resume writing, job searching, salaries and so much more. As you look for opportunities you need to make sure that you are informed.
5. Be unique. In today’s job market you have to find ways to make yourself standout. Promote yourself in a way that only you can. Send thank you notes that are well thought out and personal. Be a unique job candidate to help yourself stand apart from your peers.