Jobs in Sunnyvale, CA
- 387,928 Resumes
- 29,450 Jobs Available
- 149,980 Population
- $81,000 Average Salary
Located just northeast of San Jose, the city of Sunnyvale is part of the greater silicon valley that includes cities like Mountain View, Palo Alto and San Jose. The San Jose metropolitan area is know for its massive computer design industry with lots of jobs available in companies like Lockheed Martin Space Systems, Apple, Inc., NetApp, Yahoo!, Juniper Networks, Applied Materials and Hewlett-Packard just to name a few.
The unemployment rate in Sunnyvale is currently 3.4%, well under the national average of 5.5% for the same time period. Some of the best employment opportunities with the highest demand for workers in Sunnyvale include software developers, systems software designers, retail sales, general operations managers and food service workers.Five of the positions in Sunnyvale that have the most percentage of growth include:1. Chief Executives2. Legislators3. Education Administrators4. Natural Science Managers5. Agents and Business Managers
If you want to find work in Sunnyvale or anywhere else, focus on the strategies that make your job search most effective. Here are five ways to conduct an effective job search that will get the employer to notice what you can do.
1. Learn to NetworkThe most effective way that you can conduct a job search is by learning to use your network. Tell your friends and family what you are looking for and get them to help you. You never know who they might talk to during the day that is looking for someone just like you to hire.
2. Increase your PotentialImproving your skills by taking classes or training can impress any employer. They look for people who want to learn.
3. Know what is workingBy measuring your efforts each day you can tell what is working and what isn't.
4. Be FocusedBe specific about what kind of job you are looking for. Do not just ask the employer for anything they have available. You need to know what you are good at and show the employer your skills.
5. Practice your InterviewBy practicing your interview techniques, it can help to remove any nervousness you might feel.
Sunnyvale is in the center of the Silicon Valley and has many jobs available in the fields of electronics and computer technology. But the city also has plenty of employment opportunities in fields like customer service, medical positions and food service to name a few. The best way to find a job in Sunnyvale is to create a resume that shows how your skills can help your potential employer how you can help them to be more productive. Employers want you to be an asset. The information in this report can help create a winning resume. Employers want your resume to show them why they should grant you an interview. If you want your resume noticed, here are five tips to follow:
1. Showcase your strong pointsEmployers want to know what you do well and how you can benefit their business. Use your resume to focus on the things you can do that will help them and how your talents can be applied to the position they have available. Do you know how to manage? Have you ever been in charge of a project?
2. Format your Resume Properly. A sloppy resume makes you look sloppy. Create a professional looking resume and employers will take you seriously.
3. What have you Accomplished?Your resume needs to showcase what you have accomplished in past jobs. Have you won any awards or received any accommodations that can have meaning to the job you are applying for? When your resume shows a potential employer that you care about your work and excel at it, they will notice.
4. Tailor your ResumeDon't blanket the neighborhood with the same piece of paper. No matter how good your resume is, you need to tailor it specifically to the job you want and how hiring you makes a difference.
5. Look for ErrorsYou want to check your resume for any spelling errors or mistakes before giving it to a potential employer. Your resume is your first impression to the boss.