Jobs in Stanton, CA
- 346,732 Resumes
- 45,132 Jobs Available
- 38,719 Population
- $61,000 Average Salary
Being about 30 miles southeast of Los Angeles and near Anaheim, Stanton is a small town with a population of 40,000. The job market in the area is strong, but anyone seeking jobs in Stanton should begin their search by doing in-depth research and discovering job prospects and average wages. Take a look at this short guide to start your research.
The job market in Stanton and the rest of Orange County is doing well. The unemployment rate is as low as 4.3 percent, while the national average is 5.3 percent. Additionally, the average weekly wage for jobs in Stanton is higher than the national average. Workers in this area typically earn $1,200, while the average is $1,048 elsewhere. The largest industries in the area are business services, utilities, hospitality, health care services, and manufacturing. The construction and hospitality fields are growing the most. The most common occupations in the area are retail sales persons and office clerks.
A strong resume can make a huge difference when looking for jobs in Stanton. Even though the field you are applying in has unique expectations, there are some universal resume writing tips that can help you create the best resume you can.
1. Always write in an active voice. Your experience sections should begin each bullet point with a strong action verb. Focus on the actions you have taken, both accomplishments and experiences, instead of just lists of facts.
2. Find a way to stand out. There are going to be many applicants. If you blend in with the crowd, you will have no chance at being selected for the position. Always be unique and appealing.
3. Do not include generalizations. It is your job to be as specific as possible. Once you know what the employers are looking for, focus your entire resume around showing how you meet this expectation.
4. Be as concise as possible. While it is okay to use two pages if your work history is extensive, this should only be if you are unable to represent it properly on a single page. Otherwise, your information should be concise enough to fit on one page.
5. Always take the time to look over and analyze your resume. You should find and eliminate all mistakes, large blocks of text, and instances of wasted space.
Looking for jobs in Stanton can be difficult. It is hard to decide where to start, but taking the proper actions can significantly improve your success. This short guide should help you begin your search.
1. First of all, maintain a positive attitude. It can be easy to become discouraged if the search takes longer than you expect. Keeping a good attitude will make your life less stressful, but it will also make you more appealing to employers.
2. Use your network to your advantage. Who you know is becoming more and more important. Utilize your network to get your information to the proper people. This is far more effective than simply sending resumes out blindly.
3. Do your research. Each field has unique hiring practices, qualifications, and expectations. It is up to you to figure out what these are and focus utilize the information to focus your search methods.
4. Always follow up with a phone call or email. Many applicants assume that if they do not hear back, they did not get the job. You should always contact the employers after applying or taking an interview and never make assumptions until you are given a definitive answer.
5. Have other options. You may not be able to get the specific job you are looking for, but there are other options you may not be aware of. Know what relevant jobs will still benefit you at some point down the line.