Jobs in Stafford Township, NJ
- 755,838 Resumes
- 169 Jobs Available
- 26,809 Population
- $62,000 Average Salary
Stafford Township, New Jersey, sits in Ocean County. This town acts as a gateway to the resort-communities on Long Beach Island. It is important that you gather more information related to the economic state of the area as you search for jobs in Stafford Township. You can gather some preliminary data regarding the job market, job search and salary statistics right here.
The unemployment rate in Ocean County is higher than the national unemployment rate. They are 6.7 percent and 5.3 percent respectively. This shows that the job market in Stafford Township is rather challenging. The top performing industries in the greater New York City area are education and health services; trade, transportation and utilities; professional and business services; government; and leisure and hospitality. These five industry sectors have grown an average of 1.7 percent in the past year. The largest jobs in Stafford Township include retail salesperson, office clerk, janitor and cashier. The average weekly age in Ocean County is approximately $845, which is lower than the national average weekly wage of $1,048.
There are certain job search steps that are right for one jobseeker and not another. When it comes to a resume, however, everyone needs to have an outstanding and professional-looking document. Use these tips to ensure you give the right information:
1. Make your contact information clear and numerous. You can include your name, the city and state you live in, a professional email address, one phone number and a website.
2. Create a summary statement that is short, yet it should give an ample look into your skills, accomplishments, experiences and personality traits.
3. Always include information regarding your past work experience. Put it in an order that is important to the employer: job title, name of employer, city and state of employer, start and end dates and five to eight points summarizing what you did in that position.
4. If you have any college experience, that should also be on your resume. Your high school experience should only be included if you are still in high school or never attended college.
5. Try to include only information that is relevant to the job in question. You can put volunteer work, professional memberships, awards or important skills on the resume.
When you set out to find jobs in Stafford Township, you will have to figure out what steps are right for you. There are a few different job search strategies that you can use throughout the process no matter where you are in the country. Consider these tips as you try to find a job:
1. Effectively communicate. Hiring managers want to know what make you a unique and fitting candidate. You have to figure out what your skills, accomplishments, values, goals and interests are that set you apart. You then have to work on effectively communicating what makes you, you.
2. Do some research. You need to figure out what your target should be. Do you want to work in a career that helps people or are you more focused on making a larger salary? Whatever goal you have, you need to find a career that can help you get there.
3. Try to be proactive. In a challenging job market, openings come and go quickly. You have to be proactive in your search. This often means cold calling about jobs in Stafford Township. It can be a difficult thing to do, but it will get you in the door before the rest of your peers.
4. Consider getting help. If you are struggling to market yourself well or find positions, you should consider getting help from a professional at a career center. These types of agencies can help you find job leads, build your skills and create an outstanding resume.
5. Stay organized. Knowing where you are in your job search is important. You can keep track of all of the jobs you applied to, who you talked to in each company, the interviews you had, and what you did as a follow up. This type of record keeping will help you network and stay on top of your job hunt.