Jobs in Southampton, NY
- 117 Resumes
- 11,436 Jobs Available
- 58,093 Population
- $63,000 Average Salary
Located in Suffolk County, Southampton has a population of 56,790. It is part of the highly recognized region The Hamptons, and areas in the city have been recognized as some of the most expensive places to live in the United States. There are a number of job prospects in the immediate township along with even more opportunities in surrounding areas. In order to navigate the difficult job market, you will want to understand average salaries and job prospects when investigating the economic outlook for jobs in Southampton.
Suffolk County, which incorporates Southampton, has experienced mild growth over the last year with the unemployment rate dropping from 4.7 percent to 4.3 percent between 2014 and 2015, leaving the current rate significantly lower than the national average of 5.3 percent. The trade, transportation and utilities sector offers the greatest number of job openings followed by education and health services, professional and business services and leisure and hospitality. However, the mining, logging and construction industry has experienced the greatest growth between 2014 and 2015. Retail Salesperson is the most common position in the area followed by secretaries and administrative assistants, excluding legal, medical and executive positions. Suffolk county’s average weekly wage is $1,048 equivalent to the national average of $1,048.
Your resume is an essential piece in finding jobs in Southampton, and it can make or break your success. Use these do’s and don’ts to help you create a resume that increase your chances of an interview.
1. )Do think about using a unique resume lay out. This will help your document stand out against the rest.
2. )Don’t create an unreadable resume. While you can be a little creative, you want to make sure your resume is consistent and easy to read.
3. )Do provide a sharp focus in the resume. You want to show off your skills and accomplishments in just a glance.
4. )Do highlight accomplishments. You want to show how you differ from others with similar career experiences, so highlight how you stand out.
5. )Don’t lie. While you want to look different, you absolutely do not want to lie.
Searching for jobs in Southampton requires sharp job-seeking skills perfectly coupled with the right attitude. These tips can help you handle the rigorous job search process and possibly find the perfect position.
1. )Use your determination. Job-hunting is a long and difficult process, and it may be tempting to give up or get lazy. Instead you want to make sure that you are staying on top of things and powering through. Follow up on positions and rigorously search for positions anywhere and everywhere.
2. )Tap into your imagination. This is absolutely not the time to set aside your creativity. You want to think outside the box as you search for positions. Perhaps there’s a new position that uses your skills but is outside of your past employment or perhaps there are unique ways to find positions not found on traditional postings.
3. )Exude confidence. You alone are responsible for your career journey, and it is important that you have the confidence to take steps in the right direction. Do not rely too heavily on the advice or help of others. In the end, you need to make the decisions that are best for you and your future. Don’t let other’s opinions influence you too heavily.
4. )Channel Optimism. This will be a long rough journey, and it can be tempting to be brought down by gloom and doom. However, resisting the pessimism and doing your best to stay optimistic can help you stay on the right track. The more you have faith you will find the right position, the more likely you will be able to.
5. )Be conversational. You never know when the right opportunity will come along. The more conversations you start with new and different people, the more you expand your network circle. Simply talk to anyone and everyone you can.