Jobs in South Pasadena, CA
- 390,943 Resumes
- 57,581 Jobs Available
- 26,156 Population
- $62,000 Average Salary
Located just outside of Pasadena and less than nine miles from Los Angeles, South Pasadena residents benefit from access to the wealth of opportunities in this large metropolitan area while having a smaller city way of life. In the 2010 Census, this community had a population of 25,619. Read more to find out information on jobs in South Pasadena and local economic opportunities.
As part of Los Angeles County, South Pasadena has shown a growing economy with the reduction of its unemployment rate. For the Los Angeles area, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported a large decrease in its rate from December 2014 to December 2015. It fell 1.4 percent from 6.8 percent, down to 5.4 percent. This is just higher than the national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. The largest areas of employment are trade, transportation and utilities, followed closely by education and health services. The largest occupations are in office and administrative support, accounting for 17.7 percent of jobs in South Pasadena, significantly higher than the national rate of 16 percent. The second largest occupations are for individuals employed in sales and related positions. The average weekly wages in the Los Angeles area are slightly higher than the national numbers, coming in at $1,065 and $1,048 respectively.
The main document that potential employers consider before hiring a new employee continues to be the resume. Making sure that yours is top-notch is extremely important to help you find jobs in South Pasadena. Follow these do’s and don’ts for an excellent resume.
1. Don’t ever lie on your resume. This is a hard and fast rule that should never be broken.
2. Do create as sharp of a focus as possible to showcase your talents in a concise and impressive manner. Utilizing industry keywords and bullet points are an effective strategy to garner the attention of hiring managers.
3. Don’t mix noun and verb phrases in the job descriptions of your resume. Use action verbs instead to communicate your skills and abilities the best.
4. Do emphasize transferable skills, particularly if you are changing careers or don’t have much experience. Qualities such as leadership, management and communication skills are all important to employers.
5. Don’t go beyond two pages for your resume. This will help keep you in the desirable pool of applicants for jobs in South Pasadena.
Finding jobs in South Pasadena takes a broad range of job-seeking skill sets and the determination to succeed. Follow these tips to help make your job search more organized and efficient to take that next big step in your career.
1. Attend business and job support groups. This type of networking can not only be valuable with job leads, but can also help with stress reduction and provide current trends in the local job market.
2. Research your potential employers well prior to the interview. Utilize various sources such as company websites, annual reports, social media platforms and industry trade journals.
3. Focus your job search on employers that share your values. This will offer the most job satisfaction for the long term.
4. Social media sites are not just for fun; they can be very helpful in searching for leads. Search for industry keywords or titles of positions to find many new leads for jobs in South Pasadena.
5. Dig deep into online job banks. These sites are not only good for searching for jobs, but you can also post your resume for employers to find you and research salary ranges for particular types of positions.