Jobs in South Moline Township, IL
- 755,838 Resumes
- 3,590 Jobs Available
- 35,976 Population
- $57,000 Average Salary
South Moline Township, Illinois, sits in Rock Island County. It is a part of the greater Davenport area. As you search for jobs in South Moline Township, you need to get a better idea of the economic outlook. The job market, typical job search and salary statistics will give you a better idea of what to expect.
The unemployment rate in Rock Island County is 6.9 percent, which is significantly higher than both the Davenport area unemployment rate of 5.8 percent and the national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. The top performing industries are trade, transportation and utilities; government; education and health services; manufacturing; and professional and business services. Many of these industries has actually seen a decline rather than a growth over the past year. The largest occupations in the area are retail salesperson, combined food preparation and serving worker and hand laborer. The average weekly salary in Rock Island County is comparable to the national average. They are $939 and $1,048 respectively.
One of the most critical factors of your job search is the resume. You have to create something that stands out, looks professional and contains all of the pertinent information. Use these tips to create a document that will work for you:
1. Start with a summary that shows the focus of your resume by including a highlight of your experience, skills and personality traits that make you right for the job.
2. Create a unique skills section that applies to the job in question, so you can clearly show the hiring manager what you’re capable of.
3. Discuss your experience in terms of metrics and accomplishments to make yourself standout from your peers.
4. Include an education section that looks at your college experience or your high school experience if you have no college experience at all.
5. Add supporting sections about your professional memberships, additional certifications and anything that shows that you are a fantastic candidate.
Finding jobs in South Moline Township is really no different than looking for jobs anywhere else in the country. That being said, knowing what sort of actions to take will make the entire process much easier:
1. Make a plan. Before you start sending out resumes willy-nilly, you should make a plan. Get organized, figure out what you’re looking for, do some research and make goals that will help you be successful. Making a plan before you start can really make the entire process a breeze.
2. Use your social media. Many jobseekers think of social media as a way to connect to friends, but you can also use it to connect to potential employers. You have to make sure to remove any controversial information, showcase your skills and experience in the description section and share articles related to your career. A lot of employers actually use social media as a place to find and vet candidates.
3. Realize that communication is important. You can send in a well-polished resume or have the best interview ever, but if you end the communication there your chances of getting the job will decrease. Communicate with the hiring manager until you get a definitive answer about the position in question.
4. Think about the future. It may be tempting to just find a job that is good for right now, but you have to think about the future. It will benefit you to find a company that can offer you potential for growth rather than finding a company that has a job that fits your needs now and nothing more. Look to the future by looking for your dream company rather than your dream job.
5. Find openings. Finally, you have to really work at finding openings. Talk to people in your network, look at online job posting sites, go to career fairs and even send in cold resumes. The more you get out there the better your chances are of finding jobs in South Moline Township.