Jobs in South Brunswick Township, NJ
- 21,653 Jobs Available
- 45,163 Population
- $62,000 Average Salary
Recently rated 22nd on a prominent list of the best places to live in America, South Brunswick Township seems to be a peaceful and prosperous corner of the country with plenty to offer its residents in the way of culture, business opportunities and fun. However, before jumping straight into a career centered in this area, anyone who’s serious about searching for jobs in South Brunswick Township, NY should take a moment to read up on the local job market, average salaries and viable career prospects in the area. The below can get you started on learning the ins and outs of the area’s economy.
With a steadily-growing supply of jobs in the area and a pay rate slightly over the national average, this area seems like the perfect place to look for employment. The national unemployment rate currently stands at 5.3%, while this city’s is only 4.6% as of October 2015, a promising figure for those interested in jobs in South Brunswick Township, NJ. The industries which provide the most job opportunities in this area are the education and health services (which experienced a growth of 3.4% in 2015), trade/transportation/utilities, professional and business services, government and leisure and hospitality (which displayed a growth of 3.1%) industries. Within these important areas of employment, the most popular jobs seem to be retail salespersons, office clerks, home health aides and janitors/cleaners. On average, workers in this area can expect to earn a weekly pay of $1,100+, which is above the national mean weekly pay of $1,048.
Having a great resume is the key to finding a place in almost any decent job in the current economy, or at least to opening the doors which lead there. Following these tips can help to make any resume seem polished and professional before finding its way into the hands of a potential employer.
1. Do not add references directly onto the resume. Most employers will ask for this contact information later on in the hiring process, and the information takes up valuable space.
2. Keep your resume short and direct. While one page is preferred, two should be the absolute limit for anyone.
3. Use active verbs. This helps to give the document a feel of accomplishment.
4. Use a bulleted style in order simplify the organization of the information presented.
5. Try adding a bit of color or a unique layout to help your resume stand out from the rest of the pile.
As is the case with every city across the US, finding jobs in South Brunswick Township, NJ can be a bit of a challenge, regardless of experience or skill sets. However, by keeping a few things in mind throughout the job hunting process, you can make the experience a successful and less stressful one.
1. Maintain a positive attitude. Doing so can help prevent stress from building up, and will show employers that you do well under pressure.
2. Use your networking skills. Whether it’s online or face-to-face, any connections can be helpful throughout the application process.
3. Research the job you’re applying to and make sure you have proficient skills for the position.
4. Search in unexpected places for employment opportunities. Small businesses are oftentimes overlooked when people are job hunting.
5. Present an up-to-date and professional resume to any jobs which you apply to.