Jobs in Shoreview, MN
- 44,887 Resumes
- 13,720 Jobs Available
- 26,194 Population
- $51,000 Average Salary
Shoreview is located in Ramsey County and is considered to be a suburb of St. Paul. Residents are able to take advantage of the outdoors with nine parks and seven lakes in its city. They also are close to all that Minneapolis-St. Paul has to offer, from great culinary assets to entertainment and cultural activities. Despite all of the city’s assets, those looking for jobs in Shoreview will benefit from taking a close look at the job prospects in the area. The following discusses the job market in general and points out some of the average salaries of top and low-paying occupations.
The job market in the Shoreview area is positive compared to many areas in the country. The unemployment rate is 2.8% compared to the national average of 5.3%. The top industries in the area are trade, transportation and utilities; education and health services; professional and business services; and the government. The industry that experienced the greatest growth over the last year was leisure and hospitality, and the industries that had a decline in growth were government and information. Examining specific jobs in Shoreview, the largest occupations are retail salespersons, personal care aides, and customer service representatives. The average weekly wage is $1,064 which is a little higher than the nation’s average of $1,048.
When it comes to finding jobs in Shoreview, your resume is a crucial part of the process. Make sure yours stands out above the others and is updated with your skills and career goals. Follow these tips to prepare a high quality resume.
1. Use a bulleted style to help focus your skills and make your resume reader-friendly.
2. Always follow the two rules of resume writing: never lie and always proofread to ensure there are no spelling errors or typos.
3. If you have been out of school for more than a year and a half, make sure you are listing work experience first. Jobs should be listed in reverse chronological order.
4. When applying for jobs in Shoreview, focus on transferable skills if you are looking to switch careers or you don’t have much work experience.
5. Don’t list your references on the resume. Prepare a separate sheet that contains that information so that it is easy to provide when an employer requests the information.
When looking for jobs in Shoreview, it is important to keep up a positive attitude. Although the unemployment rate is low, it is still challenging to find the perfect job in your area of interest. The following advice will help make the search a little easier.
1. Plan your time. It can be easy to get off track, especially as the weeks continue to drag on with no job leads. However, planning your job-search activities every week will help you focus your energy so that you can get more results.
2. If you are unsure about the path you should pursue, take career assessments in order to identify your skill sets, values, and interests.
3. LinkedIn is always a good resource for your search, but Facebook and Twitter can also be beneficial. Link to your online resume, post informational blogs, share news in your industry, and show your professional, yet fun, personality.
4. Realize that you are in charge. Understand that you are in the driver’s seat and that how you approach this job search is up to you. Having a bad attitude or letting rejection get you down will hurt you in the short and long run.
5. Now is the time to make it known that you are looking for a job. Get in touch with past contacts and continue to make new ones through networking.