Jobs in Seaside, CA
- 344,071 Resumes
- 1,537 Jobs Available
- 34,182 Population
- $61,000 Average Salary
The beautiful area of Seaside, CA, is located in Monterey, CA, and it is home to over 33,000 residents. Seaside has a variety of picturesque golf courses, some which have been used for PGA Tour events. The city is approximately 9 square miles and has favorable temperatures throughout the year. If you are searching for jobs in Seaside, the following details will provide you with an in depth look at the area’s economy, job prospects, and salaries, so you can prepare for your job search.
The San Jose area, which is close to Seaside, has experienced favorable economic performance during the last year. In 2014 and 2015, the unemployment rate dropped from 5 percent to 4 percent. This number is well below the United States unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. According to the 2015 data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the top economic sectors in the San Jose area include professional and business services, manufacturing, education and health services, trade, transportation, and utilities, and leisure and hospitality. The largest occupations in Salina, which is close to Seaside, include farmworkers and laborers, retail salespersons, cashiers, waiters and waitresses, and food preparation and serving workers. In the San Jose area, the average weekly wage is $2203. This is much higher than the national weekly wage average of $1048.
Part of finding jobs in Seaside involves creating an appealing resume. Your resume is an opportunity to describe your top skills, qualifications, and experience. To create a resume that will attract the attention of today’s hiring managers, use the following tips.
1. A resume should be easy to read and scan. Make sure to divide it into sections and use lists and bullet points.
2. Include your contact information (city, state, phone, email) at the top of the resume so a prospective employer knows how to get a hold of you.
3. Do not worry about restricting your resume to one page. Two page resumes are very common, especially if you have a lot of work experience. If you are a doctor or academic, your resume can be longer than two pages.
4. Avoid statements like “responsibilities included. ” A resume is different than a job description, and the text should be action-oriented.
5. Read through your resume multiple times to check for errors in grammar, misspelled words, or irregular spacing. These mistakes are distracting to a hiring manager, and they can prevent you from securing an interview.
If you are looking for jobs in Seaside, it is important to develop your job seeking skills. With hard work, you should be able to secure the right employment for your needs. To help you during your search, use the following tips.
1. Network. This is one of the best ways to find a job. Ask friends, families, and previous co-workers if they have heard about any job openings. Also, take advantage of social events and career fairs where you can meet with others and discuss your job search.
2. Use social media to aid in your networking efforts and discover new opportunities. Sites like LinkedIn are a great resource for finding jobs.
3. Be persistent. The harder you work at finding a job, the better your chances are for success. When you have an opportunity, make sure to follow up consistently until you receive a definite no. Following up communicates your desire for the job and keeps you on the mind of the prospective employer.
4. Stay positive. You do not have to feel ashamed that you are out of work, especially in today’s economic climate. Many people are looking for work, and the right attitude can help you present a better image while networking or during an interview.
5. Know your options. It is usually easiest to find a job in your same field; however, it is becoming more and more common to look for work in other areas.