Jobs in Seal Beach, CA
- 355,655 Resumes
- 95,250 Jobs Available
- 24,662 Population
- $62,000 Average Salary
Seal Beach, California, in Orange County, offers its residents plenty of sunshine, relaxation and water fun. Only minutes from cities such as Long Beach and Huntington Beach, it is also pretty close to Los Angeles, at 28 miles. One of Seal Beach’s jewels is the Seal Beach National Wildlife Refuge, which offers a fun mix of marine organisms, including rays and sharks. Interestingly, it is inside a military weapons station, so public access is greatly restricted. Hunting for jobs in Seal Beach? Read on for information about the job market and salaries.
Orange County has an unemployment rate somewhat lower than the United States average. Orange County’s rate dropped from 4.7 percent in 2014 to 4.1 percent in 2015, while the national rate stands at 5.3 percent. However, the unemployment rate in the Los Angeles area is 5.4 percent. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the trade, transportation, and utilities sector employs the largest category of people in the Los Angeles region. Education and health services, as well as professional and business services, also employ a substantial number of people. The largest occupations in the area are retail salespersons, general office clerks, cashiers, and combined food preparation and serving workers. The average weekly wage in Los Angeles is $1,058, while it is $1,086 in Orange County. For comparison, the national average is $1,048.
For you to impress hiring managers when you apply for jobs in Seal Beach, your resume must shine. Here are a few tips to ensure it is as brilliant as it should be.
1. Pay attention to length. Keep your resume to one or two pages; avoid going past two pages unless you are writing a curricula vitae. If your resume is one page, fill it as completely as possible without resorting to fluff.
2. List accomplishments instead of duties. For example, say that part of a previous job was to reorganize files. Instead of saying, “Reorganized files,” you could write, “Reorganized 5 years’ worth of files to make them accessible to colleagues. ”
3. Make your resume easy on the eyes. Avoid clutter and busyness such as four types of fonts and a bewildering array of colors. Let bullet points and selective formatting pull their weight.
4. Double check your contact information. It’s easy to transpose digits in a phone number, for example. Speaking of contact information, make sure your email address is professional and represents you well.
5. Deploy action verbs such as “resolved” instead of weak phrases such as “responsible for. ”
Finding jobs in Seal Beach requires a unique blend of resourcefulness, persistence and preparation. To help in your job search, deploy a few tips.
1. Look past online applications when you are on the hunt for jobs in Seal Beach. While you certainly should apply for jobs online, do not stop there. Set up in-person informational interviews, and try to get advice and assistance from mentors.
2. Fine-tune your LinkedIn profile. Make sure it matches the category of jobs you’re applying for; are keywords relevant? Should bullet points be moved around so that more pertinent information is at the top?
3. Send thank-you notes as you apply for jobs in Seal Beach. Whether you send them in the form of emails or small notes, they stand out and paint you as thoughtful and motivated.
4. Create a portfolio that showcases your best work. If possible, have both print and online versions.
5. Enlist professional assistance for jobs in Seal Beach if you feel unsure about your resume and cover letter. The pros will be able to identify any mistakes you are making and will help strengthen your application materials to better reflect all you have to offer.