Jobs in Saratoga Springs, NY
- 109 Resumes
- 6,509 Jobs Available
- 27,436 Population
- $55,000 Average Salary
Mineral springs in the area have made Saratoga Springs, New York, a popular resort destination for the past 200 years. Sitting in Saratoga County just north of Albany, Saratoga Springs was ranked as the tenth of the top ten places to live in New York in 2014 according to Movoto. While its popularity and top attractions are interesting to hear about, as you search for jobs in Saratoga Springs you have to learn about the local job market, job search and salary averages.
The unemployment rate in Saratoga County is 3.8 percent and in the United States is 5.3 percent. This data shows that the job market in Saratoga Springs is promising. The top performing industries in the capital area are government; education and health services; trade, transportation and utilities; professional and business services; and leisure and hospitality. Of these five industries, the professional and business services sector has grown the most in that past year at 4.8 percent. The largest occupations in the Albany area are retail salesperson, office clerk, cashier and secretary. The average weekly wage in the United States is $1,048, while in Saratoga County it is $899.
Your resume often gives hiring managers the first information about you. It is for this reason that a resume is one of the most critical parts of the entire job search. Use these tips to help you create an outstanding, professional-looking resume:
1. Make sure your resume has all of the basic elements, including your name and contact information, a summary section, skill highlights, work experience, education, certifications and any supporting information.
2. Use a format that highlights what’s important and deemphasizes what’s not. A reverse chronological order will help with this task.
3. Make sure to take the time to proofread your resume. Typos and mistakes can make you seem like a poor candidate.
4. Create a document that is easy to read by using white space, bullet points, headings, up to two fonts, regular spacing and a black and white color scheme.
5. Give your resume a sharp focus by using keywords applicable to the job in question. This of course means you will have to rewrite your resume for each position.
Finding jobs in Saratoga Springs, and in the rest of the country, requires patience and preparation. You can make the entire process easier if you know what steps to take. Use these tips to get a general idea of what you should do during your job search:
1. Get prepared. Before you start looking, you need to know what you’re looking for. You can take career assessment, talk with people at career centers and make an organizational strategy to get prepared for your job search.
2. Get help. You should also get more help related to resume writing and job searching. You can attend workshops, use online tools and join job clubs to get help finding jobs in Saratoga Springs.
3. Get in touch with your network. Your network can be a powerful tool for a lot of different aspects of your search. You can talk with people in your network to learn more about job opportunities, certain careers, new industries and potential companies. Your network can also help you find connections inside companies that you are sending applications to.
4. Get searching. You have to know where and how to look, if you want to find jobs in Saratoga Springs. You can look in newspapers, attend job fairs and check online job positing sites. There are a lot of places that you can look. The more places you do look the greater chance you have of finding an opportunity that is really interesting to you.
5. Get better at communication. Communication is an important part of your search. You have to know what to say as you send in resume, go to interviews and send thank you notes. You always want to make sure that your communication is polite. You do want to be persistent, but politeness is more important.