Jobs in Sarasota, FL
- 755,838 Resumes
- 1,045 Jobs Available
- 54,214 Population
- $54,000 Average Salary
Sarasota is the heart of Florida’s Suncoast, with great weather, beautiful beaches and a cosmopolitan atmosphere. It is one of the few places in the U.S. where you can swim or kayak in the morning, have a delicious lunch of almost any ethnicity at noon and attend the opera in the evening. If you’re looking for a job in this attractive and vibrant city, the following information about Sarasota’s job market, prospects and salaries will interest you.
With a rapidly improving local economy, the number of jobs in Sarasota is growing fast. The unemployment rate is declining and currently is only 4.5 percent, comparing favorably to the U.S. overall, which is 5.3 percent. The most rapid job growth (8.9 percent in one year) is in the leisure and hospitality industry, indicating that Sarasota is quickly becoming a tourist mecca, and the next highest is construction (7 percent growth). These two are followed by professional and business services, education and health services and financial activities. The two largest occupations are retail salespersons and customer service representatives. The average weekly wage for a worker in Sarasota is $896, very close to the national average of $1,048.
In all places and all industries, you may have a great lead on the job you want, but it’s your resume that will get you in the door. In order to have it fulfill its potential, consider these five tips to help improve your resume.
1. Make your resume energetic and positive. Use action words where possible and as much upbeat language as you can without looking overly starry-eyed. Potential employers with jobs in Sarasota will unconsciously respond to the attitude you project on paper.
2. Organize everything well and remember that the point is for the reader to get information about you easily and quickly.
3. The experience section is the most important part of your resume, so make it really stand out. Put your most recent job first, don’t leave any time gaps if you can manage it and list accomplishments rather than responsibilities.
4. Be completely truthful (doing otherwise will come back to haunt you), but tailor your resume to the specific job you are sending it in for, as opposed to all the jobs in Sarasota.
5. A quick once-over to look for errors in spelling or grammar isn’t nearly enough. In fact, you just can’t proof-read too many times.
No matter where you live, embarking on a job search can be either terrifying or exciting. Make it the latter for jobs in Sarasota by being well-prepared, creating a good plan and aiming for success. These tips will help.
1. Your plan to find a job in Sarasota should be detailed, covering all aspects of the search (where, when and how), but it also needs to be flexible. You will want this valuable guide to be adaptable to changing circumstances.
2. After the plan, the next step is to develop your contacts list. This is another item that should be flexible, because the more you work it, the more contacts you will make. Make sure you have all the information you need on each person and record every time you exchange words.
3. Use the technology. It’s never been easier to create planning documents, polish your resume, keep a contacts spreadsheet and work the Internet for leads. As much as the human touch in a job search is necessary, computers and smartphones will be invaluable tools for you.
4. Make sure you ace the interview. Your people skills should be at their peak and it won’t hurt a bit to come prepared with all of the information you can find on the company.
5. Stay upbeat and energetic. The temptation to sleep late and postpone your tasks until tomorrow will be there from time to time. Resist it; it certainly won’t help your chances searching among the jobs in Sarasota to procrastinate.