Jobs in Santee, CA
- 755,838 Resumes
- 3,023 Jobs Available
- 57,052 Population
- $58,000 Average Salary
Located 18 miles from the Pacific Ocean in San Diego County lies Santee, California. According to the San Diego Union Tribune, Santee is a San Diego suburb that has a great potential for growth. As you search for jobs in Santee, it is important that you learn more about the economic state of the area. You should get preliminary data on the job market, job search and salary statistics.
Like the rest of the country, the job market in San Diego County is somewhat of a challenge. The national unemployment rate is 5.3 percent, and the unemployment rate of the county is only a little better at 5.0 percent. The industries that have grown the most over the past year are construction, education and health services, professional and business services, financial activities and leisure and hospitality. Trade, transportation and utilities is an industry that is close behind these top five. The occupations that are the largest in the area are retail salesperson, cashier and waiter/waitress. The average weekly wage in San Diego County is $1,130, which is slightly higher than $1,048, the average weekly wage of the United States.
Without a well-built resume, finding jobs in Santee will be an even bigger challenge. Use these five do and don’t tips as you create your own document:
1. Do create a readable document by using bullet points, emphasized headers, left flushed text and other formatting tools.
2. Don’t include irrelevant information, which could include unnecessary skills, hobbies, controversial information and personal data.
3. Do order your information in a way that is important to the employer, which means you may have to revamp your resume each time you apply for a new job.
4. Do give the hiring manager multiple ways to contact you including an email address, a phone number and a website.
5. Don’t list your daily activities under your experience section, instead try to focus on your accomplishments.
Even with a challenging job market, you can still find jobs in Santee and the rest of the country if you set yourself on the right path. Use these tips to help you through your job search:
1. Think about your skills. It is important that you consider you skills early on, and figure out which skills you want to keep using and which you would rather not use. This can help you figure out if you want to find a job in the industry you were in previously, or if you would rather work in a new industry.
2. Do initial research. You should do some research on different careers, different companies and even on the local job market. This information will help you come up with a more detailed plan. It will also ensure that you are only applying for positions at companies that you would want to work at.
3. Use available tools. Throughout your entire job search you should make sure to use the tools that are available to you. This means you should turn to your network. You should use online career guides. You should go to career centers, read newspapers and go to job fairs.
4. Try to promote yourself well. Much of the job search process is about giving a good first impression. If you work on promoting yourself well, you will increase the chance of giving a good first impression. You can use the way you dress, your resume and your social media profiles to ensure that you are promoting yourself well.
5. Focus on communication. Having professional lines of communication with potential employers is important. You should also make sure that you are always trying to communicate until you get a definitive answer about the job in question.