Jobs in Santa Maria, CA
- 389,843 Resumes
- 2,226 Jobs Available
- 103,410 Population
- $45,000 Average Salary
Located on the Pacific coast between Santa Barbara and Pismo Beach, the city of Santa Maria has a population of 99,553 residents. The city is within 10 miles of the coastline and has a number of large employers that include businesses like Vandenberg Air Force Base, Marian Regional Medical Center and C&D Zodiac Aerospace to name a few.
The unemployment rate in Santa Maria is currently 5.6%, just above the national average of 5.5% for the same time period. The city of Santa Maria has several business venues that are looking for workers, such as farmworkers and laborers, retail sales, food service workers, waiters and waitresses and cashiers.Five of the occupations in Santa Maria that have the largest growth rate include:1. Legislators2. Advertising and Promotions Managers3. Public Relations Managers4. Farmers and Ranchers5. Lodging Managers
When you are looking for work in Santa Maria or any other city, learning how to create an effective job search can help get results. Here are five things that can help you perform a job search that gets the employers attention.
1. Be an effective networkerLearning to use your network can help you create a more effective job search. Whether it is using your family and friends for information about who might be hiring or involving your friends on a social network can help you find work. Many companies also use social networks to advertise job opening rather than listing them in the newspaper.
2. Be PositiveHaving a positive attitude when you turn in a resume or talk to an employer about a job can go a long way.
3. Work on Improving YourselfWhen you are self-motivated and try to improve your job skills, an employer will notice and it will impress them.
4. Dress Up. It doesn't matter what other people wear. When you are going to an interview, dress professionally. Employers often make preliminary hiring decisions within the first 5 seconds they meet you.
5. Be PreparedKnow your job skills and what the employer is looking for before you go into the interview.
Santa Maria is known as a farming community, but they also have their share of manufacturing and customer service oriented employers. Even if the unemployment rate is a bit higher than the national average, employers still need good workers for their company. Proving that you can do the job in a professional manner can help you overcome any issues with a lack of jobs being advertised. Learn to create an effective resume can help you get a job interview. In this article you will find information that can help you design a better resume. A well-written resume can help you get the interview. Here are five tips to help you design an effective resume that gets attention:
1. What are you good at?Create a resume that show the employer right from the start how you can help their company. When you highlight the things you are good at, it helps the employer to decide where they can best use you. If they can find a place that you can help them in, they are likely to call for an interview.
2. Learn to Write a Great ResumeTake time to learn what makes a great resume. Spending a little effort to learn will pay off.
3. Why Should they Interview You?Before you complain about not getting interviews, ask yourself what makes you special that they should grant you an interview? Once you determine what special qualities you have that can help the employer, learn how to communicate those things on your resume in a professional and concise way to get attention.
4. Pretend you're the BossIf you received the resume that you just created and had to make a decision to whether you would call them in for an interview, what would you do?
5. Make it Simple. If your resume is filled with too much information and is hard for them to read, the employer is going to throw it away and move on to someone else.