Jobs in Sandy Springs, GA
- 139,716 Resumes
- 28,722 Jobs Available
- 101,908 Population
- $72,000 Average Salary
Sandy Springs, GA, located just north of Atlanta, GA, is known as a fast-growing media, technology/telecommunications region. It has museums, libraries, art/music and festivals, shopping, dining, and entertainment. It also offers numerous parks, green spaces, and waterways (docks and fishing), with facilities for sports events (baseball, T-ball, football, soccer, basketball), and walking/jogging, hiking, and nature trails. Sandy Spring’s temperatures average between 85 to 95+ degrees in summer and 28 to 38 degrees in winter months.A successful job search begins with a familiarization about the local job market, job prospects, and average salaries. In general, full-time and part-time work in the Sandy Springs, GA area may be found at the city offices, healthcare services/facilities, media and telecommunications employers, and retail.
The Sandy Springs, GA area is included in the Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta, Ga. Metropolitan Statistical Area and Fulton County. It has a Sep 2015 unemployment rate of 5.5 percent. This is down from 6.7 percent in Sep 2014. It remains higher than the 5.2 percent national, but is lower than the 5.8 percent state average (US Bureau of Labor Statistics).Sandy Springs employment has been concentrated in sales and related, office and administrative support, food preparation and serving related, and transportation and material moving occupations sectors. As of May 2014, occupations employing the most workers in the Waterbury area were: 1.Retail salespersons2.Laborers and freight, stock, and material movers (hand labor)3.Customer service representatives4.Combined food preparation and serving workers (including fast food)5.CashiersThe top performing industries in the Sandy Springs area (per percent of total employment), include:1.Office and administrative support occupations (16.4 percent)2.Sales and related occupations (11.1 percent) 3.Food preparation and serving related occupations (9.0 percent) 4.Transportation and material moving occupations (8.6 percent)5.Business and financial operations occupations (6.6 percent)Sandy Springs employment was significantly higher (May 2014) in business and financial operations, transportation and material moving, and computer and mathematical sectors. Conversely, Sandy Springs employment sectors of healthcare practitioners and technical, personal care and service, and production are significantly lower than the national averages. In addition to the City of Sandy Springs and the Fulton County School System, the largest employers in the Sandy Springs area include St. Joseph’s Hospital, Northside Hospital, and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Cox Enterprises (media), technology leaders: IBM, Cisco Systems, Inc., and Oracle, AT&T Mobility, United Parcel Service, AirWatch (enterprise mobility management software), Manheim (car) Auctions, Walden Security, and the National Account Service Co.
Resumes are typically submitted online. Always include a cover letter with your resume. Resumes/with cover letters may also be included as an attachment to the employer’s formal job application. The completeness of your resume will determine if you will be invited to interview. It also serves as a post-interview reference for the recruiter, and helps justify the hiring decision. Effective resumes include basic criteria which are focused, well-organized, and which include a keyword summary and skills and accomplishments lists. All resumes must contain your
• Contact information (phone, cell, email)
• Qualifications and Keyword Summary, Licenses and Certifications, Affiliations and Memberships, Military Service, Language Proficiencies, and “References Available Upon Request. ”List all entries chronologically, from the most to least recent. Do not lie about, or exaggerate, the facts. Proofread your resume for typos and misspelled words. DO NOT INCLUDE photos or personal information such as height/weight, age, date/place of birth, marital status, gender, ethnicity, social security number.
Sandy Springs, GA job searches can be made easier by:
• Keeping your industry-related skills and knowledge (about local employers and industries) current;
• Participating in skills refresher/re-training workshops;
• Keeping up-to-date by reading industry/professional reports and publications;
• Periodically browsing online job banks;
• Networking through online social sites (Linkedin, Facebook, etc. ), community and professional associations, and local job-hunt groups and job fairs websites;
• Circulating your resume (Twitter);
• Including keyword links to your resume, blog, Facebook/Linkedin profile, etc.
• Searching companies/currently open positions online;
• Not limiting your search to job boards. Recruiters also check social media sites (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) for candidates;
• Following-up on leads;
• Keeping your resume, network information, and professional and personal reference lists up-to-date.