Jobs in San Jacinto, CA
- 144 Resumes
- 6,295 Jobs Available
- 46,490 Population
- $53,000 Average Salary
San Jacinto, California is located in the northern section of the San Jacinto Valley in Riverside County, with Hemet to the south of it and Beaumont to the north. It’s known for its veteran memorial in Druding Park, which serves to honor the servicemen and women of each branch of the military. If you are looking to land a job in San Jacinto, you should learn about its job market and job prospects. Read on to find out more about the opportunities available in San Jacinto, CA.
As a previous transportation hub that was adversely affected by the recession, Riverside’s job market is not what it used to be. Its unemployment rate, as of October 2015, is 6.5 percent, as opposed to the United States’ unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. Trade, transportation, and utilities is the largest performing industry in Riverside County, followed by government. Education and health services comes out 4th in industry size, trailed by professional and business services. Although the professional and business services sector is only the fifth largest, it has grown by 6.1 percent since last year, marking the largest change for any sector. The largest jobs in San Jacinto and its surrounding areas are retail salespersons, laborers and freight, stock, and material movers, and cashiers. Workers in the Riverside area make, on average, $861 per week, whereas the average weekly pay for the United States is $1,048.
A stellar resume is essential to getting that first interview, so read up on these tips to crafting one.
1. Do put your contact information down. You don’t want to wow the hiring manager with your resume and then leave them no way to contact you!
2. Don’t include hobbies and interests unless they pertain to the job at hand.
3. Don’t list references on your resume, but do have them ready to go in case they are requested!
4. Do make sure your resume is easy to read. Use concise sentences and avoid over-writing.
5. Do make whatever adjustments make sense for the job you are applying for. Customizing your resume for each industry will make sure that you look as appealing as possible to the hiring manager.
Your job hunt, no matter what city you are searching in, will be made much easier by following the appropriate course of action. Read on to find out how to better the chances of you landing one of the jobs in San Jacinto.
1. Attend job search training classes. These will help you gain the tools you need to find the job you want.
2. Arrange for informational interviews. You will learn valuable information about companies that interest you, and could very well pique the company’s interest with your interview.
3. If you’re unsure of what path you want to take, take an assessment to gauge your interests, skills, and values, and the jobs that would mesh well with them.
4. Follow up on your application and resume by calling. Taking such initiative could easily put you on the company’s radar as a go-getter.
5. Don’t give up. A job search can take months or even longer. It’s natural to get a little discouraged after a lot of time has passed, but giving up will ensure you never find a job.