Jobs in San Angelo, TX
- 305,528 Resumes
- 1,118 Jobs Available
- 98,975 Population
- $51,000 Average Salary
Located about 200 miles northeast of Austin, the city of San Angelo, Texas is a rural community with a population of 97,492 residents. The city has a number of businesses as well as being the home to Goodfellow Air Force Base and Angelo State University. The city includes a number of service industry positions where job seekers can find work as well as professional positions.
San Angelo has a current unemployment rate of 5.5%, matching the national average of 5.5% for the same time period. The most in demand jobs in the city of San Angelo are in the areas of retail sales, customer service representatives, general office clerks, food service workers, cashiers and registered nurses.Five of the most in demand positions with the most percentage of growth in San Angelo include:1. Sales Managers2. Food Service Managers3. Cost Estimators4. Database Administrators5. Computer Network Specialists
When you are looking for work in San Angelo or anywhere else, pay attention to the small details and create a more effective job search by including simple steps. Here are five easy tips that will help you create an effective job search.
1. Face-to-FaceOne of the most effective job search tools is talking to people. Tell everyone you know that you are looking for work and what kind of work you want. Word of mouth has always been the most effective way to conduct a job search. You never know who just might be looking for someone like you to hire.
2. Classes HelpWhen you take the initiative to improve your skills, the employer will take notice of you.
3. Job Search PlanHow will you measure your job search? Have a plan to measure your success.
4. Learn about your Job. Before going on the interview, learn all you can about the job you are applying for. When you do the research, you will impress the employer by knowing about the job and what is expected of you.
5. Practice InterviewHave a friend or family member interview you and practice what you would say to a real employer.
When looking for work in the San Angelo area, always be aware that many jobs are not always posted in newspapers or other periodicals. Check the company websites or job boards as well as organizations like plumbing, electrical and other trades to find possible employment. When you create a well-written resume, you may find that a company will open up a position to hire a great employee. The following information can help you design a resume that can get any hiring managers attention. Even if a job is not openly advertised, companies still need employees. Here are five tips to creating a very effective resume:
1. Positive OutlookCompanies want employees that have a can do attitude. A positive character can go a long way in getting you a job. When an employer sees you as a problem solver, your job search will be much more effective and you will find employers more receptive to you. Having a positive and confident demeanor is contagious and will help more than just your job search.
2. Be SpecificFocus your resume on only the information that is pertinent to the job you are applying for. The employer looks for the important details.
3. What image do you Present?What will an employer discover about you in your resume? The resume is their first impression of you. Make sure you present yourself as professional and organized. A sloppy, unimpressive resume will cast a bad light on you and likely get your resume thrown away.
4. Interview YourselfPut yourself in the employers shoes and interview yourself based on your resume. After looking at your resume, would you call you in for an interview? Create a resume that gets your attention.
5. Get rid of Mistakes. Always proofread your work. It's important that you eliminate any mistakes or spelling errors so your resume looks professional and well-written. A professional resume will make an employer want to take another look and call you.