Jobs in Round Rock, TX
- 276,115 Resumes
- 11,120 Jobs Available
- 112,744 Population
- $54,000 Average Salary
With eight golf courses to its name, as well as a the Round Rock Express Baseball team, it is no wonder that Round Rock, TX is considered the sports capital of Texas. While it would be any sports lover’s dream to move there, going to any city requires a look at the job market, wages and job prospects. If you are unsure about how to get started or what you need to know, the information below will provide you with an overview on what to look for.
Round Rock, TX benefits from a 2.8 percent unemployment rate, which is below the national average of 5 percent. The top five industries in the Round Rock-Austin-San Marcos area are Office and Administrative Support, Sales and Related jobs, Food Preparation, Business and Financial Operations and Education related jobs. Though these jobs are the have the highest number of workers, they also pay slightly below the average per-hour rate. This excludes sales and Office and Administrative support, which both pay above the national average.
Working on your resume is key, since that is one of the first things a potential employer sees before they decide on which candidates to call for an interview. If you send a poorly thought out resume, an employer is more likely to pass you over even if you have the right experience and skills. Use the tips below to shake some life into your resume.
1. Personalization is good for some things, but should only be used on a resume if your hobbies and interests are actually relevant to the job you are applying for.
2. Do not make a list of your current or past job duties, since employers already know what those are. Instead, make a list of your accomplishments, which show what you can bring to the company.
3. Don’t simply send out your resume without looking it over for mistakes.
4. Don’t rely on spellcheck to catch all of your mistakes. There are certain things that spellcheck won’t pick up, so you will still need to read it over to find what it does not.
5. If you have never made a resume before, consider using a template.
If you are thinking of busting out your golf clubs and moving to Round Rock or any other city, you will first have to see what the state of the job market is by doing a job search. Utilizing the tips below will give you an idea on how to begin a successful job search.
1. Join social media outlets such as LinkedIn and Twitter. Both provide job searches, and can also lead to valuable connections.
2. Don’t simple rely on the Internet. Some people still believe in having conversations, so don’t be afraid to call your friends or colleagues.
3. Try to find those hidden opportunities that others might not be aware of. Twitter was mentioned earlier, and while it may not seem like an obvious job resource, searching for the right keywords might help you find a listing that isn’t available anywhere else.
4. Always have a positive attitude.
5. Don’t forget to polish up that resume.