Jobs in Round Lake Beach, IL
- 755,838 Resumes
- 32,148 Jobs Available
- 28,012 Population
- $60,000 Average Salary
Round Lake Beach is located in Lake county, Illinois. This area is known for its beautiful scenery and in the past was a farming community. Today, Round Lake Beach is known as a business community and is a growing village. If you are interested in finding jobs in Round Lake Beach, Illinois, then you will be interested in learning more about the job market, including top paying occupations and the unemployment rate.
Job market information for Round Lake Beach comes from the Chicago area statistics. The average wage in the area is $1,062, which is slightly above the national average of $1,048. The unemployment rate is slightly above the national average of 5.3% at 5.9%. The top industries in the areas have, however, seen some growth recently. These industries include trade, transportation and utilities, professional and business services, education and health services, government, and leisure and hospitality. The top jobs in Round Lake Beach, Illinois, are retail salespersons, laborers and freight, stock and material movers, cashiers, food preparation and serving workers, and customer service representative.
Your resume has to be in the best shape possible before you ever start looking for jobs in Round Lake Beach, Illinois. You want it to show off your skills and your experience in a way that ensures an employer will know you are the right person for the job. Here are some tips on writing a winning resume.
1. Use bullet lists. Bullet lists make the resume easier to read and can convey a lot of information in a very concise format.
2. Make sure to proofread. Always read over your resume a couple times before finalizing it. You want to watch for errors spell check can’t catch, like those with grammar or formatting. You may want someone else to read it over for you just to be sure all issues are caught.
3. Try to stick to one page, but don’t worry if you go a bit over. Two pages is a perfectly fine length. Although, if you only go over slightly, try to get things more concise to fit on one page.
4. Don’t get too creative with the format. It’s fine to want your resume to stand out, but ideally, it will be how you showcase your abilities that will make it stand out and not the odd formatting. Make sure that however you format your resume so that it is easy to navigate and each section is clear about what it contains.
5. Never lie. If you lie, it will be discovered and you could lose your job or earn a bad reputation within the industry.
Finding jobs in Round Lake Beach, Illinois, can be a challenge, just like it is anywhere. In order to make things easier on you, it helps to be prepared. Here is some advice you can use as you search for jobs.
1. Let people know you are looking for jobs in Round Lake Beach, Illinois. Getting the word out can help you to find leads that may otherwise have been lost. Contact everyone you know and really use your network.
2. Consider job training. If you are changing industries, you might consider getting a little more training to prepare for the job change. Or you may update your current skills through a certification course.
3. Attend job fairs. A job fair lets you meet with multiple employers where you can fill out applications and hand in your resume. They can be a time saver.
4. Never give up. It can take a while to find the right job. Be prepared to spend some time working at it. Keep focused on your goals and never stop trying.
5. Explore your career options. Going outside of your current industry or field may offer some great opportunities to use your transferable skills.