Jobs in Rolling Meadows, IL
- 755,838 Resumes
- 109,221 Jobs Available
- 24,279 Population
- $69,000 Average Salary
Home to several large corporations on the Fortune 500 list, Rolling Meadows, Illinois, is one of the suburbs of Chicago. It is located in Cook County, the second largest county in the nation. Nearby is the famous Chicago Loop, the commercial heart of Chicago. Read the information that follows below in order to learn more about jobs in Rolling Meadows.
Cook County, which is a major global center of commerce and trade, offers a vast selection of industry to its residents. The unemployment rate has been steady at 5.8 percent in the 12-month period from December 2014 to December 2015, higher than the national average of 5.3 percent. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in the Chicago area the largest numbers of people work in trade, transportation and utilities. Other top industries that employ a large number of people are professional and business services and education and health services. The most amount of change came from the construction sector, which grew 5.4 percent in hiring, and mining and logging, which decreased 7.1 percent in hiring, from December 2014 to 2015. In the Chicago area, the most abundant occupations are retail salespersons, stock and material movers and office clerks. In this area, the average weekly salary is $1,062, which is higher than the United States average of $1,048.
The best way to stand out before your interview for jobs in Rolling Meadows is with a solid resume. For smart, resume perfecting tips, follow the important directions that are stated below.
1. The basics – Your resume should be at least one page, but not longer than two for optimal impact for hiring managers. If it’s too short, you can’t get enough information across. If it’s too long, you run the risk of boring your audience.
2. Let the best parts of your resume shine at the top. Consider putting a summary, profile or information section at the very top of your resume with your most noteworthy achievements.
3. Keep the rest of the resume targeted and simple. Include jobs and experiences that are relevant to the jobs in Rolling Meadows that you are seeking.
4. Be consistent with the word choice throughout your resume. If you describe your job duties with verbs, keep using verb words for each position rather than switching to more of a focus on nouns.
5. List experiences with sports teams or other college organizations if you are lacking in the work experience section or a new college graduate.
Before you hit the ground running and begin searching for jobs in Rolling Meadows, you need to design a specific strategy that can help you get the best job that fits your interests, skills and experience. Examine the five helpful suggestions below before you apply for your next position.
1. Assess your skills, knowledge and talents. Find a local career center, or check online to take a career assessment test and see how you can use the results to pinpoint the best job match for you.
2. Consider temporary or contract jobs in Rolling Meadows. If full time positions are rare, you may want to commit to a short-term job, which could eventually turn into something permanent.
3. Analyze your marketability. Think of yourself as a product. Now, thing of a method you could use that would help sell your suitability for a potential employment opportunity.
4. Consider changing to a different industry. If you’ve been laid off, it might be time to switch to a field that is more constant.
5. Make yourself stand out from others during an interview. Truly shine during your interview by showing enthusiasm, passion and charisma.