Jobs in Rohnert Park, CA
- 357,814 Resumes
- 4,152 Jobs Available
- 42,262 Population
- $63,000 Average Salary
Located in Sonoma County, the city of Rohnert Park, California, is located 50 miles north of San Francisco and is home to Sonoma State University. Rohnert Park has a population of about 40,971 residents, according to the 2010 U.S. Census. Get an idea of the economic outlook, including average salaries and job prospects, which can help in finding jobs in Rohnert Park.
Between 2014 and 2015, the unemployment rate in Sonoma County declined from 5.5 percent to 4.3 percent, a figure lower than the average national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. According to 2015 data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the office and administrative support occupational group employs the largest number of people in the Santa Rosa-Petaluma Metropolitan Statistical Area. Sales and related occupations rank as the second highest area of employment followed by food preparation and serving related occupations. The largest occupations in the Santa Rosa-Petaluma area are retail salespersons, followed by cashiers. The average weekly wage in Sonoma County is $958 while the average weekly wage is the United States is $1,048.
When it comes to tracking jobs in Rohnert Park, your resume is your personal brand. Use the following advice to make it attention-grabbing.
1. Use a bulleted style over paragraphs in your resume to make it more reader-friendly.
2. Do not go beyond two pages with your resume. No matter how much experience you have, the trend is towards shorter resumes.
3. Try to use a unique resume style to appear more distinctive. Avoid falling into the trap of using ready-made resume templates.
4. Include contact information in your resume. You may wish to keep your information minimal due to possible identity theft, but if you wish, you can include your city and state without including your street address, one phone number, one email address, and your URL, if you have a website.
5. List your jobs in reverse chronological order and be sure to include pertinent information, such as the job title or position, name of the employer, the location of the employer, and the dates of employment. Make sure to include job descriptions and use strong action verbs. Listing accomplishments add meaning to possible employers and help you stand out.
Finding jobs in Rohnert Park takes a mixture of using job-seeking tips and having a positive attitude. The following advice can help you score your next position in the current job market.
1. Remain positive and talk to trusted people about your feelings and concerns. Reduce stress by doing activities you enjoy and exercise. It’s also important to eat right and sleep well.
2. Make a job search plan. File for unemployment benefits if you are eligible and consider doing temporary work while searching for a permanent position.
3. Consider your options and identify your skills, values and interests. For additional help, attend job search training sessions hosted by support groups, job clubs, or libraries.
4. Networking is vital. Use social media websites such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook to let people in your social networks that you are seeking a job. Talk to everyone you know, including your friends, family, neighbors, former colleagues and classmates, or even friends of friends.
5. Use all available resources. Search for jobs using electronic job search tools and websites, newspaper ads and in-person job fairs. Research possible employers, consult career resources, and read professional journals. Arrange for informational interviews to learn more about a company or a job.