Jobs in Rockville Centre, NY
- 755,838 Resumes
- 52,555 Jobs Available
- 24,191 Population
- $80,000 Average Salary
About 30 miles away from New York City, Rockville Centre is a village on Long Island and home to more than 20,000 people. Though less populous, the area shares several characteristics with the Big Apple. A scenic downtown area features shops, restaurants and bars that attract locals and visitors alike. High class amenities paired with proximity to New York City also make it attractive to the celebrities who have chosen to live in the town. If you are looking for jobs in Rockville Centre, you should prepare yourself for the challenge by investing time in learning about the local economy and the average salaries.
Rockville Centre and the New York City area boast growing employment opportunities and a shrinking unemployment rate. At 4.4 percent, it is below the national average of 5.3 percent, and the area’s top five sectors report recent growth. Mining, logging and construction, manufacturing and trade, transportation and utilities have increased openings, as do the fields of information and financial activities. The most common jobs in Rockville Centre and the New York metropolitan area are retail salesperson, general office clerk and janitors and cleaners. Average weekly wages come to $1,266 in comparison to the national average of $1,048.
You can set yourself apart from other people looking for jobs in Rockville Centre by bringing an impressive resume to the table. The following guidelines will help you craft a resume worthy of applause.
1. Grab interest with visuals. Black, unadorned text on a white sheet of paper can get attention if it has the right contents, but a more visually interesting resume is far more likely to be looked at. Use classy details to spice things up.
2. Display your uniqueness. Nobody wants to hire a drone, and your resume is the first place you can give potential employers an idea of what makes you great. Communicate your personality in a professional way that doesn’t overshadow your objective.
3. Stick to a set of language rules. MLA and APA are two of the most common styles, and it can look unprofessional to mix and match. Check the style guide for one style and stick to it throughout your resume.
4. Fulfill their need. You can easily grab a recruiter’s attention by creating a resume that responds directly to the language used in a job posting. Use your resume to make it clear you would be a good match for the job.
5. Accept feedback. If you have friends or family who are willing to look over your resume and give feedback, take them up on the offer.
You’ll have better luck finding jobs in Rockville Centre if you approach your search strategically. Read on for some information on how to get the most out of looking for employment.
1. Aim high and low so that you land in the middle. When you see job posting that are significantly above or below your target salary, it can be tempting to move on. If it is in your field, however, you should apply and consider salary negotiations later.
2. Connect with a group for support. There may be job seeker clubs or similar support meet-ups in your area, and if so, joining can go a long way in maintaining your optimism.
3. Get close to the opportunities you want. You may not be able to snag an interview or job offer with a company, but you may be able to network and volunteer so that you are a little bit closer to the position you want.
4. Pay attention to hiring trends. Jobs and the economy change on a daily basis, and one of the best things you can do is stay up to date with these developments.
5. Keep your eye on the news. Hiring fairs, new companies and other opportunities are often announced on the local news. Watch to catch opportunities you may not have otherwise known about.