Jobs in Rockledge, FL
- 249,953 Resumes
- 4,034 Jobs Available
- 26,071 Population
- $62,000 Average Salary
With its tropical scenery and perfect weather all year long, Rockledge is a mid-sized community that attracts thousands of vacationers and residents. It is the seat of Florida’s Brevard County, and almost 24,596 residents call this veritable oasis home. Gorgeous scenery and weather are just a few of this city’s perks, but as a jobseeker, you are probably more interested in employment statistics and career prospects. If that is the case, you will find the following information to be enormously helpful the next time you look for jobs in Rockledge or the Miami metropolitan area in general.
The job market in the Miami area is comparable to the rest of the country. It has an unemployment rate of 5.6%, which is roughly the same as the national average of 5.3%. The office and administrative support, sales, food service, healthcare, and education industries employ the majority of workers in the city. Out of all of these, the food service industry had the largest increase in employment levels in the area – a 49.7% increase last year. The most commonly held occupations are retail salesperson, food service worker, cashier, waiter/waitress, and customer service representative. The average weekly salary for the Miami area is $925, which is slightly lower than the national average of $1,048.
When it comes to finding jobs in Rockledge, your resume can make a world of difference. Regardless of where you live, or what industry you work in, an exceptional resume will make your job search easier. Try following the tips below the next time you have to write a resume.
1. Always include your personal contact information somewhere near the top of your resume. This is highly important, and if an employer can’t contact you, he or she will simply select another applicant.
2. Don’t discuss your reasons for leaving your previous job. If an employer wants this information, he or she will request it during the interview.
3. Writing a resume from scratch will show employers that you possess creativity and individuality.
4. Avoid using boring or bland expressions such as “responsible for” or “required to. ” These expressions will only make you seem robotic and uninterested. Try using more emotionally-driven language instead.
5. It is unwise to lie or embellish on your resume. This is the fastest way to ensure that you don’t get the job that you want, and the majority of companies require managers to perform a thorough background check on candidates during the hiring process.
If you need to find jobs in Rockledge, or any other part of the country, your success will depend on your willingness to take the right actions. By creating a plan, and understanding the local economy, you can greatly increase your chances of landing a job. Here are some simple, yet effective tips for finding jobs in Rockledge.
1. Many people forget to utilize their personal network during periods of unemployment. Your family members and acquaintances may be able to inform you about positions available at their workplaces.
2. Finding a job can be nearly impossible without a plan. This is why it is important to have a strategy for locating and applying to jobs, before you begin your search.
3. A poorly written resume can easily dash your chances of getting hired. By remembering to update and perfect your resume, you can boost your chances of being called in for an interview.
4. After becoming unemployed, it is normal to feel frustrated and anxious, but by keeping a positive attitude, you can stop these emotions from sabotaging your efforts.
5. Companies are increasingly turning to the internet in order to find new talent and employees. By enhancing your social media presence, you can greatly increase your chances of getting noticed by a myriad of companies and organizations.